PS3 1.93 firmware available

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It apparently fixes some things related to some people having issues logging into or being disconnected from PSN as well as some other things not addressed by 1.92 last week.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Sony sure does release a lot of firmware.
I think it has been about one update a month since release and I for one have no complaints as most all the updates have added functionality and very few have been strictly used as fixes. I say keep it coming and I can't wait for the Home firmware update as it is rumored to be when the in Game XMB is to be released.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, so far, most of the updates have all had useful additions not just fixes.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
More background functionality... OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo :rolleyes:

Personally, I think all of the updates have been pretty pointless. I'm still waiting for PS 3 game upscaling. But I doubt that will ever happen.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't been able to download the update. There seems to be a common problem with it where many people get stuck at 4% and I am one of them :(. I tried manually updating from the Sony site but the firmware download doesn't work from their either as it stops at 10.1 mb :(.

Edit: Right after I posted this I read that someone said start the ps3 without doing anything go straight to your system update and go for it. After trying over and over this seems to be working for me. So if anyone else is having the problem that might help you.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Personally, I think all of the updates have been pretty pointless. I'm still waiting for PS 3 game upscaling. But I doubt that will ever happen.
The simple, but not inexpensive, solution is to get a new TV :)

Edit: Right after I posted this I read that someone said start the ps3 without doing anything go straight to your system update and go for it. After trying over and over this seems to be working for me. So if anyone else is having the problem that might help you.
That's what I did last night and it worked fine. That is actually what 1.93 is supposed to fix I believe - connectivity issues.

A

Abear

Audiophyte
Yeah, its a fix for 1.92, like you said in your first post, the connection drops from the PSN.
Lost of people are having problems with 1.93, I didnt have a single issue though, went in, got the update, and it all went smoothly.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
More background functionality... OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo :rolleyes:

My PS3 upscales all the ps3 games to 1080p. No idea what you are talking about.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
is there a way to upgrade software using a cd/dvd I burn instead of trying to connect the PS3 to wifi?

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
is there a way to upgrade software using a cd/dvd I burn instead of trying to connect the PS3 to wifi?
You can't burn the update to a dvd but you can copy it to a flash card like sd, cf, or any other that the card reader can read. If you have a 20gb ps3 you can use a usb card reader or external hard drive as well. Just goto sony.com and you can download the latest update on your pc for copying to the external media.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i have the 60gb model ... so I can use my 8 in 1 card reader (with a memory card plugged in) to update my PS3?

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
i have the 60gb model ... so I can use my 8 in 1 card reader (with a memory card plugged in) to update my PS3?
Yeah just download the update file from sony.com and copy it to a memory card.

H

hifisyd01

Audioholic Intern
I was getting stuck at 4% as well, so I just loaded it to and SD card and went that route. The funny thing is: I still get randomly disconnected/signed out of the PSN, just like I did before I updated. IMO, 1.93 was no real improvement over 1.92.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I had no problems with either of them, though some downloads did get stuck right after 1.93.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis