legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
Hello. I have a sony strdn840. I had two jbl e90's. I still have Polk center. Two audiofile towers for surrounds. Two onkyo bookshelves for front highs. Two subs. I bought some jbl s312II towers and have replaced the e90's.

Now every time I put a movie or song on and I turn the volume up high like at 39 to 45 it goes into protector mode. why?

I checked the banana plugs on the towers which are the only ones that were replaced. They look good. Nothing else was moved. Ideas? Thx.

legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
WOW. This is auioholics right!! No replies.....not ONE. :(

Thank you all for the advice.

BUT good news is:

Everything is fine now. I disconnected everything and started from scratch. I put on new plugs on all 7 speakers. Wiped all dust off. Reconnected everything and crossed my fingers. I blasted songs like the hills, love me, bounce it, etc. And of course some of my rock songs like from can to cant, staind, metallica, etc. Bass was awesome and no protector mode. So I moved on to movies. Still crossing my fingers. I started with Jurassic Park (the trex part), Battle LA, Star Wars, etc. Happy to say it jammed and no protector mode. Before playing the songs and movies I went through the settings to make sure all was well. I noticed the front speakers were on large. I can know I had them on small before the move. Either way I fixed it and everything is working great. I guess it was a messed up speaker cable or plug. So does this mean my poor Sony AVR is better than we thought? I will never buy sony again thats for sure. I will stick to yamaha and onkyo. Thank you all!!

I do have one last question:

If I was to put the front speakers on Large. Would that just give me more bass sound? I have both my subs on 100 crossover. thx.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
WOW. This is auioholics right!! No replies.....not ONE. :(

Thank you all for the advice.
I'm glad your problem worked itself out but did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, nobody had an answer to give you?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Why not 120 crossover on your sub? You'd get more output. What are the JBL's/Polk crossed at?

legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
I will put them on 120 and try it out. The jbl's and polk are at 100? thx.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Cross the center to 80 or 60 and see which you prefer. To give it more of a fuller sound for dialog.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
In order to answer a question, someone must know that it exists. In my case, I haven't been here in over a week, so there's no chance that I could have answered and it may be the same for others- they may have been busy and unable to come to this forum. Getting pissy about not receiving an answer is pretty childish.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis