Proposed new system

P

phxhawk

Audiophyte
Proposed new system - Suggestions/opinions needed

The kids are getting older...I can finally get something that won't get broken, torn, stained, burned, etc.

Here is what I have come up with:

Receiver Pioneer - VSX55TXI
Center - JBL EC-35
Front Bookshelf - JBL E50
Rear Inwall - JBL HTI-6
Sub - JBL 2250P
TV - Mitsubishi - WS55813

Your opinions and expertise are welcomed.

Thanks

Last edited:
zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
Nice choice of receivers,great choice on the TV. Haven't heard the JBL's but they seem to be popular. Hoping to get a 65" Diamond myself some day.

P

phxhawk

Audiophyte
Thanks, zipper. I don't have the coin that a lot of people do, just want to make sure I'm getting the most for what I have. Plus, the wife gave me a thumbs up so I'd better strike now.

I have heard the JBL's in-store. I liked. Plus, I get to hear them in a couple days in almost the same setup as mine will be.

The question is will the JBL's suffice for my music-only rock out/jazz moments?

Last edited:
zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
With the Pioneer (150wpc?) you should be able to drive a fair amount of speakers on the market, so don't lock yourself in on the JBL's if you have any doubts about them. Remember that,ultimately, the speakers are what is giving you your sound so don't rush that decision as there is lots to choose from. If you have an idea of your budget for the speakers,post it here & I'm sure you'll get some great ideas from others on this forum.Have fun.

Check this sight out: www.axiomaudio.com

This company offers a quality product that won't break you. I just got the M60's & don't think I could do better for the money.

U

Unregistered

Perusing the forums the last few weeks I have noticed everyone is quite high on the Axioms. I have not heard them. Apparently I should.

P

phxhawk

Audiophyte
sorry...^^^ that was me. Forgot to log in. I'm trying to stay around $12-1300 for the speakers.

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
Where are looking at the JBLs? If it's Best Buy, then I would suggest that you also look at the Atena line there. I really think Athena is the best speaker they carry. The JBL E series are a big improvement over there former models but the Atena just seems better all around. Nicet tight bass compared the the JBLs from what I remember.

JSE

That TV is awesome. We reviewed it and it is currently in my reference system. No wasted space - the frame is ~1" thick all around (except, of course the necessary electronics underneath the screen.)

As for speakers - I'm completing a review very soon that will compare 4 different 5.1 systems all around $1000-$1200.

P

phxhawk

Audiophyte
Shinerman said:
Where are looking at the JBLs?
JSE
Best Buy doesn't carry the E50's. A friend of mine has the JBL speakers listed above and they sound great for the price.

hawke said:
As for speakers - I'm completing a review very soon that will compare 4 different 5.1 systems all around $1000-$1200.
Ohhhhhhhh. Hurry, please

P

phxhawk

Audiophyte
Where could I hear some Axioms prior to purchase? Are they only direct from Axiom?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis