projector amp problem

M

martin1234

Audiophyte
Hi peeps,

I was hoping someone could solve an issue for me. I've got a Denon 1911 amp and a analogue Sony projector, None of my linked componets work. I've tried using a yellow phono and no joy but the amp menu does project so i no the link is ok, do i need a digital to analogue converter or are there any other solutions?

:)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You must connect to the A/V receiver via analog connections. It is not feasible for you to get the full quality of HDMI when you have an old projector without a digital HDMI or DVI (or similar) input on it.

So, connect your cable box & Blu-ray Disc/DVD player to the Denon using component video cables... or composite video cables if that is all you have. Then use the component or composite video cables to the projector.

It breaks the DMCA to remove copyright protection which is on most digital connections like HDMI to make it available via analog. So, the only connection you can make is analog the whole way through.

On the plus side, HD video including 1080i and 720p pass fine over component video so you do get HD using component.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis