problems with Roku SB & WMP11

J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
I posted this in another part of the forum and got some good advice although I still have not solved the main problem. I recently switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios. This involved a change in router. Since then I have not been able to connect to my library on my PC. Initially, I could not even find it (although Internet Radio works fine). Now when I bring up my Roku I can see my library and internet radio, but when I select my library, it prompts me to "authorize Soundbridge in my media sharing software". The Roku is authorized in WMP (Library dropdown - share media) and I can see that they are connected on my task bar. I also found a "fix" on another site that said to fix the registry by adding "EnableMediaSharing" and have done that to no avail. Anyone here have any Ideas? I have posted on Roku's site as well, but they don't have nearly the traffic and it takes a wile to get a response.

FYI: Emailing their Customer Support is a waste of time - no response in two weeks.

J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
Solution

Well, I thought I would go ahead and respond to my own post with the solution just in case someone else had the same problem. When I realized that the Roku was not having a problem seeing the library, just wasn't "authorized" even though it was, I simply authorized ALL media players in WMP and that worked. Oh well....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis