Problems with Marantz SR4300 AV receiver

D

DeathwasH

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have a Marantz SR4300 6.1 receiver with b&amp;w 602S3 speakers for front and surround and a CL60 for the centre channel, so i currently have a 5.0 setup.
I'm pleased with the overall performance, but i have a noise in the tweeters of all speakers, in every mode. The noise is not in relation with the volume, it remains equally loud between -71 and 0. &nbsp;
Only when in digital mode without data input or with mute the noise is gone (no power is being delivered in those modes). Ive tried all i know (moving to other room, checking wiring, ....) and im at a total loss.
Does anyone know what the problem might be, or even have a solution for it?

many thanks in advance,
DeathwasH</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>RF noises can sometimes be generated by the type of lighting in the room with the audio gear. &nbsp;A simple way to eliminate this possibility would be to use the receiver with the lights off(not dimmed). &nbsp;The other possibility would be that the input stage of your receiver is picking up RF noise, which can be caused by a possible ground loop inside the receiver. It could also be caused by poor wiring/faulty RCA cables. &nbsp;Make sure that all input RCA's are located away from the main receivers power cord. &nbsp;The use of a power line conditioner might also help. &nbsp;If nothing works, you might have a fault in your receiver.

I hope this might help your problem. &nbsp;Good luck...</font>

D

DeathwasH

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>tnx &nbsp;
&nbsp;is there anything i can do to get rid of the groundloop? i find a power conditioner a bit expensive when it turns out not to solve the problem. &nbsp;It sure isnt light or RCA, cause i even have it without input connected</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DeathwasH

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>i've bought an AC power filter, but it didnt solve the problem... &nbsp;
&nbsp;I guess i'll just leave it as it is then, next amp i buy will be thx ultra certified, that way im sure it aint the amp
Now i just need to save a little more cash &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis