Problems With Liberal Democracy

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
He's not a MAGA or anything to do with the Republicans. Or, you can just post crap that has no basis.

Personally, I don't give a rat's butt what DePape is, he needs to go away and rot somewhere. There's no reason for what he did, for any reason.

MAGA is probably dead and that's a good thing.
The brutal attacker DePape has nothing to do with Republicans or the MAGA? Unlike you I do read and try to be informed about various issues, and I think you should try it some time.

>>>DePape was known for embracing multiple conspiracy theories on subjects such as voter fraud, climate change, and the COVID pandemic on at least two different online forums. He also has posted antisemitic screeds and entries defending former President Donald Trump and Ye, the rapper formally known as Kayne West who recently made antisemitic comments.

In other posts, the writer said Jews helped finance Hitler's political rise in Germany and suggested an antisemitic plot was involved in Russia's recent invasion of Ukraine.

In a Sept. 27 post, the writer said any journalists who denied Trump's false claims of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election "should be dragged straight out into the street and shot."

An Aug. 24 entry titled "Q," displayed a scatological collection of memes that included photos of the deceased sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and made reference to QAnon, the baseless pro-Trump conspiracy theory that espouses the belief that the country is run by a deep-state cabal of child sex traffickers, satanic pedophiles and baby-eating cannibals.

"Big Brother has deemed doing your own research as a thought crime," read a post that appeared to blend references to QAnon with George Orwell's dystopian novel "1984."

In an Aug. 25 entry titled "Gun Rights," the poster wrote: "You no longer have rights. Your basic human rights hinder Big Brothers ability to enslave and control you in a complete and totalizing way."

In one of his recent posts about Donald Trump, DePape asserted, "Trump you NEEEEEEEED to make Tulsi your VP in 2024." ...<<<

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
OK, I think we've gotten a bit distracted here and I'm gonna try to get back on track with the theme of the thread.

A problem with liberal democracy - we alluded to this in previous posts - is that public opinion does carry some weight and, since politicians are sensitive to what voters think (to varying degrees), public policy can be guided by emotion and misinformation, rather than quality data, logic and sound reasoning.

So, could a benevolent totalitarian government ignore 'noise' and lead a country with the best interests of the citizenry top of mind? Possibly. But, I don't think humanity has ever seen one of those. As the saying goes, "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
OK, I think we've gotten a bit distracted here and I'm gonna try to get back on track with the theme of the thread.

A problem with liberal democracy - we alluded to this in previous posts - is that public opinion does carry some weight and, since politicians are sensitive to what voters think (to varying degrees), public policy can be guided by emotion and misinformation, rather than quality data, logic and sound reasoning.

So, could a benevolent totalitarian government ignore 'noise' and lead a country with the best interests of the citizenry top of mind? Possibly. But, I don't think humanity has ever seen one of those. As the saying goes, "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely".
What is a "benevolent totalitarian government"? It sounds like an oxymoron to me.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

The problem is that even if those in power do what is in the best interest of the people there will be those who don't think it is in their best interest because they, the people, listen to the "noise" and will be unhappy about things being done that they don't agree with. Sorry for the run on sentence, it's nearing the end of my overnight shift and I can't figure out how to reword that right now. o_O

jinjuku

jinjuku

I'm curious Georgia has both voter suppression and has had incredibly high turn out this midterm am I missing something?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'm curious Georgia has both voter suppression and has had incredibly high turn out this midterm am I missing something?
The voter suppression is only targeted at part of the population, and people voted despite the hurdles put for them.

That was not so hard, was it?

jinjuku

jinjuku

The voter suppression is only targeted at part of the population, and people voted despite the hurdles put for them.

That was not so hard, was it?
That's some schitty voter suppression. Typical government projects. Leave this type of stuff up to us in the private sector :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That's some schitty voter suppression. Typical government projects. Leave this type of stuff up to us in the private sector :)
Straight facts voter suppression issue is total b.s. If voter suppression was such a huge issue then what happened to the so called Red Wave that was supposed to hit?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You don’t necessarily have to suppress very many voters for the suppression to be successful, something a number of close races shows. Or just look at the last US election of a president, that also had a record turnout for both candidates.

jinjuku

jinjuku

You don’t necessarily have to suppress very many voters for the suppression to be successful, something a number of close races shows. Or just look at the last US election of a president, that also had a record turnout for both candidates.
You may not understand the definition of suppression.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
As a conservative I was happy with the midterms I wanted us to lose. We conservatives needed a wake up call. The midterms made it perfectly clear by voters Trump is not electable and needs to be purged from our party

Which Trump is doing a fine job of all by himself going rabid on social media right now after his so called nominees went bust but other conservatives did well. Going after Youngkin and De Santis and showing his true colors.

Sorry didn't mean to get off topic but this was so much music to my ears. I want that ego maniac narcissist out of my party SOOO BAD right now

Congrats to democrats by the way for overperformimg in the midterms! Great job great doing what was needed to get the job done.

Lol although let's face it that's not too hard when you're running a platform against Trump :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Back on topic democrats didn't do everything well.

There's no way Walker should even be in a run off that dude should have been blasted out of that race. He's so unqualified for office.

And they may still lose the House.

My question to liberals participating on this thread is what issues with liberal democracy caused democrats problems at the midterms and what do you guys think needs to be done for you guys to be better with more voters?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You may not understand the definition of suppression.
You don’t understand that the Republicans can’t legally outright ban part of the population from voting, so they resort to other tactics to make it harder to vote. Those tactics are called voter suppression, and not voter banning that you confuse it with.

So, you won’t see a “White-only Voting Act” anytime soon.

Is it more clear to you now?

jinjuku

jinjuku

You don’t understand that the Republicans can’t legally outright ban part of the population from voting, so they resort to other tactics to make it harder to vote. Those tactics are called voter suppression, and not voter banning that you confuse it with.

So, you won’t see a “White-only Voting Act” anytime soon.

Is it more clear to you now?
So why wasn't the vote suppressed and the the turnout was record breaking? I'm not sure 'in spite of' is an answer.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
So why wasn't the vote suppressed and the the turnout was record breaking? I'm not sure 'in spite of' is an answer.
Are you trying to argue that there is no voter suppression or that the Republicans should try harder?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Are you trying to argue that there is no voter suppression or that the Republicans should try harder?
I'm arguing that suppression isn't suppression if something isn't suppressed.

jinjuku

jinjuku

You’re willfully ignorant about Republican voter suppression efforts. Why is that?
I've read the article YOU provided. Their example was an 84 year old black woman that for some reason didn't have a birth certificate.

Even if there have been efforts, if the vote wasn't suppressed, then you have failure. Ergo, despite some cabalistic intent, it didn't happen.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis