Problem with Rx-v2400 and speakers

T

trj222

Enthusiast
I am building a new theater room. I bought the rx-v2400 and the paradigm studio 40s along with a center channel and rear in wall speakers and sub. I hooked the front speakers to do some testing, but the sound does not come out near as loud as I thought it would be. I crank it to about 16 db just for it to be loud. I can put it at 0 db and it is finally loud, but it is not rockin the house like I expected. I also noticed that for the front speakers there is Right A, Right B, Left A, and Left B. I have these speakers hooked up to Right and Left A. Is this a different Zone? I also noticed there is a place to hook up speakers for zone 2 so this was confusing. Can I hook up Right A and Right B to one speaker and Left A and Left B to another speaker and get more power? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Todd

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
1st things 1st,are you in stereo mode on the receiver? If the display on the front says "pro logic" or anything other than stereo or 8-ch stereo,you may have it in a movie mode,which in case it will not be as loud as it can be.
The "A" & "B" are driven the same & when both are used the power is shared between the loads so,theoretically,it will not play any louder. But give it a try. Maybe you will like the results. Zone 2 is for speakers in another room & can be set up so that you can listen to one source of music on your main set up & another in,say,your office or bedroom.
I suggest reading the manual thoroughly.

T

trj222

Enthusiast
problem

I have it in stereo mode. I have read the manual a few times now. I guess I just expected more power out of the rx-v2400. Maybe I will have to consider an amplifier for the front 3 channels to get the power I am looking for.

D

dmoss

Junior Audioholic
I am currently running a set of Bose 701's as Towers and a Bose vsc-10 Center speaker with my RX-V2400 and it rocks the house. You do realize the you can increase the sound from the center speaker or any speaker in the setup menu. Have you done the auto setup? What Ohms are you running. Are you sure that you are not currently running in the night mode. I have ordered a set of Paradigm Studio 100's v3 and a CC570 Center. I have a ATI AT 2505 ($1600 at Onecall.com, Give them my name Dan Moser if you buy it.) 5x250 to run the things. What are you playing, CblTV, DVD, Radio, Cd, you will definitely need to select the proper modes. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
Yeah. I'm surprised Zumbo hasn't chimed in on this as he recently just went through a very similar situation & did buy an amp. From his other comments on this forum it's sounds like he's pretty happy now.

T

trj222

Enthusiast
Problem with reciever

I have not run the auto set-up yet. I was going to wait until I had all of the speakers set up and in the theater room. It is running 8 ohms. It is in stereo mode. I have tried it in just about every mode.(Jazz, rock etc.) I do not have it set up in my theater room yet, because it will not be finished until next week. But, it will be used for both movies and music. Right now it is just hooked up to the two front speakers to see what it sounded like. Does anyone know of a good amp in the $500-$1000 range that is 3 channel? I already spent all of my money on these speakers and the seismic 12! I figure I will just run it to the two front speakers and the center. I have been playing music through the dvd player which is hooked up using the optical and I have also been listening to music through the radio.

Last edited:
rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I suggest waiting on the amp until you have ran through the auto-setup. I am certian that once all the speakers (subwoofer) are connected and the set-up is complete you won't be near as disappointed as you are now. (Not saying buying an amp is unnessicary, I just feel it is a bit premature to come to that conclusion.)

Good Luck and keep us posted!

:cool:

A

Ablative

Audiophyte
my problem

i just got the same receiver and i can't get it work. (my post is below)

i can't get any sound to come out any speakers. the only exception is through the auto test. that sends a signal to the front speakers only.

just thought i'd throw my experience in
later

B

Bluey2king

Rx-v2400

I have just set up my yamaha. I too thought the same thing!! I got it setup late went to bed thinking what a waste not much better than my sony (85w/ch). I used the auto setup and I bought the raido shack db meter($30).
What a differance!!! Also I recomend the manual set up I got much better Bass from my sub with the manual set up. Set you volume to 0db turn on your test tones and adjust each speaker (80db) I used 80 they say that Movies are made to (85db) but that was too loud for me. The point is set each one to the level you want. I used a tripod for the level and put in at my seat at ear height. I played with it and as long as you have a quite room and hold it still the results don't change that much. This was Sooooo Importaint on the subwoofer Made a Huge Differance!!
The RX-V2400 Will Rock!!!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis