problem with hdmi y adapter

D

dcon

Audiophyte
Trying to hookup directv receiver HR23700 to my lg tv and denon receiver.When i connect only one of the female hdmi port no problem. But when I have both female ports plugged in I get nothing! No the splitter is non electronic.I got it from a retailer that sounds like a major river! I see its made in China,so who knows if its good! Basically im trying to split the audio from the tv and Denon, so I dont have to use the Denon if I just want to watch the news. Any ideas?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What model of Denon receiver? It doesn't have an hdmi pass-thru feature? Or that doesn't work for you? Me, I use the avr for all audio. Can't stand my tv's speakers....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Trying to hookup directv receiver HR23700 to my lg tv and denon receiver.When i connect only one of the female hdmi port no problem. But when I have both female ports plugged in I get nothing! No the splitter is non electronic.I got it from a retailer that sounds like a major river! I see its made in China,so who knows if its good! Basically im trying to split the audio from the tv and Denon, so I dont have to use the Denon if I just want to watch the news. Any ideas?
You have been had. You bought a fraudulent product. That can not work. Throw it away. You have to use an active splitter. Even then you have EDID issues. I would recommend using an HDMI switch.

Personally I hate even listening to the news on TV speakers and never do. They are now a total pox, because they face the wall.

I do not think what you are trying to do is worth the trouble.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis