Problem enabling ARC between Hisense TV & Yamaha Receiver

V

videobruce

Audioholic
I have a Hisense TV (65U8G) and a Yamaha AV Receiver (RX-V675) and I'm unable to enable the ARC the function. In the TV's menu, the choice is grayed out.
I have the HDMI cable connected between the sole ARC port (HDMI 3) on the TV and the sole HDMI out port on the Receiver. I have the "HDMI Control"function enabled in the receivers menu.

At present, I have been using an optical cable between the former TV (no ARC) using AV4 which is the default. I understood the older ARC does not need any 'enhanced' cable to work. Is that correct? Yamaha's audio settings have always been confusing to me especially when it's a separate (non HDMI).

Any ideas or questions if my explanation isn't clear enough??

V

videobruce

Audioholic
This is for the TV's tuner and Internet applications (Netflix & Prime Video). It would be nice to get rid of the optical cable. I'm assuming the HDMI path would be an improvement over the optical, or is this ARC overrated and buggy?? I know they both are PCM and I believe both are 5.1. Correct me if I'm wrong.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Hi! Does it work with HDMI control off? I don't see what version HDMI the RXV675 has, but I am guessing there is an issue between that and the tv's 2.0 and 2.1 ports. Do you know what version HDMI cable you are using?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like you still need to enable arc/audio in your tv's settings. ARC and optical will essentially be capable of the same signals, i.e. up to lossy 5.1 codecs (wouldn't be able to handle the bandwidth of 5.1 pcm).

V

videobruce

Audioholic
I don't believe I tried it with HDMI control off, nor do I know what the TV's port version is.
No idea about the cable version, would that matter with plain ARC?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis