Problem auto calibration (sony HT-7000DH)

M

Mark549

Audiophyte
I have, after about six hours and two trips for cables, mostly installed my first surround-sound system (a sony HT-7000DH). When I attempted to auto calibrate the speaker using the microphone, the front right and left speakers did not function, which gave me an error-20 code. The book says to check the connections as a trouble-shoot, but the speakers are hooked up and operational in everything - except the auto calibration test. I was able to manually boost the left and right satellite speakers, but I'd like to for the system to operate as designed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Mark549 said:
I have, after about six hours and two trips for cables, mostly installed my first surround-sound system (a sony HT-7000DH). When I attempted to auto calibrate the speaker using the microphone, the front right and left speakers did not function, which gave me an error-20 code. The book says to check the connections as a trouble-shoot, but the speakers are hooked up and operational in everything - except the auto calibration test. I was able to manually boost the left and right satellite speakers, but I'd like to for the system to operate as designed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
You may need top use a test DVD and an SPL meter, Radio Shack sells them, analog meter. Then, you level match all the speakers. There are a number of discussions here in the archives about that too.

You may want to recheck all your connections, just to be sure. Do a close inspection for stray wire strands?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis