R

roberco

Audioholic Intern
I'm seeing a pair of Cerwin Vegas LS-15 on facebook market for $300. Is this a good price? Thanks!

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's an OK price. Those aren't really top-line speakers, even by CV standards. If you can find a pair of AT-15's or D9's for around that price it would be a better deal for a better speaker.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I'm seeing a pair of Cerwin Vegas LS-15 on facebook market for $300. Is this a good price? Thanks!
Those speakers are monsters! And they go down to 25Hz, but as mentioned above the price is ok. That model is 20 years old after all and they use a foam surround on the woofers, so that means eventually needing to refoam the woofers.

We have a thread in the forums for asking about used gear entitled:
"Are these finds good deals"
Feel free to post in there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why are you interested in these particular speakers? Just to flip them or use them?

R

roberco

Audioholic Intern
Why are you interested in these particular speakers? Just to flip them or use them?
I'm looking for a set of good speakers for karaoke, guitar, and keyboard. I thought these would be good for the price.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm looking for a set of good speakers for karaoke, guitar, and keyboard. I thought these would be good for the price.
Interesting set of uses, but why do you think these speakers will be particularly good in each of these uses?

R

roberco

Audioholic Intern
Interesting set of uses, but why do you think these speakers will be particularly good in each of these uses?
They have a good freq response range which could give deep bass, mid, and high range. Some people on the internet recommended them too. So I was thinking if they would be worth the money. I have a Dennon 4100C which I'm planning to use it with these speakers.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
They have a good freq response range which could give deep bass, mid, and high range. Some people on the internet recommended them too. So I was thinking if they would be worth the money. I have a Dennon 4100C which I'm planning to use it with these speakers.
You will blow up that Denon fast if you use it as an instrument amp. That is not what receivers are designed for, and nor are domestic speakers. You need a mixer, pro amp and instrument type speakers for the application you describe.

R

roberco

Audioholic Intern
You will blow up that Denon fast if you use it as an instrument amp. That is not what receivers are designed for, and nor are domestic speakers. You need a mixer, pro amp and instrument type speakers for the application you describe.
Thanks for the advice! I do have a 600w stereo power amp that I have been using with a pair of PA speakers. For karaoke and instrument, I'll use the 600w amp. For listening to music and watching movies, I would use the Denon. The current PA speakers have very weak bass. So I have to use a subwoofer to enhance bass. I was thinking that these Cerwin Vega freq could give me lots of bass (25hz - 26khz). So, I don't have to use a subwoofer.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis