preamp + power amp ... no sound???

A

akeelshah

Enthusiast
So i have had the Denon poa t2 poweramp for a while and decided to buy the emotiva pt-100 preamp i plugged it in no sound... from my pc its an aux to rca cord the rca goes into the pt100 analogue input (AUX) the analogue output has a rca to rca lead going from the pt100 into the denon poweramp the speakers are connected its on the correct source the volume isnt muted yet i have no sound at all help

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
silly question........are you certain you are plugged into the PC audio out?

Next question, are you certain that the audio out is the active audio device configured in the PC software?

A

akeelshah

Enthusiast
yeah i checked both of those things and no luck i also plugged it into my phone as i got the type c to aux with my phone .. upon further testing im still stuck

A

akeelshah

Enthusiast
it was an ex display with original packaging and honestly not even a scratch on the device ive messaged the seller so waiting for a reply but just incase its me doing something wrong i thought id message

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Right now, there is no way to be certain if the problem is the amp, pre-amp, PC, or perhaps even a cable.

Tell us about you Aux to RCA---Is the "Aux" connection a 3.5mm stereo (TRS) connector?

A

akeelshah

Enthusiast
so the power amp and aux to rca cable are known working as when i plug the power amp intp the pc with that cable without the preamp i get sound. and the pc works too its fairly new and like i said pc aux other end power amp i have sound i plug in the preamp and nothing

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
it was an ex display with original packaging and honestly not even a scratch on the device ive messaged the seller so waiting for a reply but just incase its me doing something wrong i thought id message
Try a reset of the pre-amp? Always a good first step on used gear....

A

akeelshah

Enthusiast
ahh really that sucks i was waiting all day to hear it ive never had a dedicated preamp before so i was thinking about input sensitivity being an issue or something like that thank you all tho i appreciate all the help and answers that were suggested

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Is there any sound at all from speakers when things turned on? (Ear close to speaker)
What volume do you have the PC and the pre-amp on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

akeelshah

Enthusiast
okay so i dont hear anything not even a hum or a buz its like the input isnt even plugged in which is odd i had the pc at 100 and preamp began vol 10 and made my way to 40 which ia half volume by the way when i have the power amp plugged in the pc volume doesnt need to be anywhere near 40 % i can hear the sound at vol 4

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis