Pre-Moving sale! KEF 5-piece Q-series speaker set, High WAF Dark Apple finish

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
In a VERY sudden turn of events, we've been convinced by our realtor to list our house ASAP while the market is hot (she's talking $25k more than last year's estimate o_O) and I don't want to have to put my HT speakers into storage when someone else could be enjoying them. Time is limited though. August 18th is the absolute latest I can keep them up, and my best half might need them down sooner.

Not having any luck moving these locally, probably because Klipsch and Bose are the only brand names anyone in this area recognizes :rolleyes:.

Here's the ebay ad, complete with pictures:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202751710155

In a nutshell:

1x KEF Q9C center speaker:
6-1/2” Uni-Q woofer/tweeter
92dB sensitivity
120W max power

2x KEF IQ9 tower speakers:
Dual 6-1/2” woofers
6-1/2” Uni-Q woofer/tweeter
91dB sensitivity
200W max power

2x KEF Q2DS surround sound speakers:
Dual 6-1/2” Uni-Q woofer/tweeters
5-1/4” bottom woofer
91dB sensitivity
120W max power

Listed at $700 but for anyone here on Audioholics I'll take $550 cash or $600 thru ebay/paypal. That's a good bit below market value, based on ebay and hifishark searches. Located in Newport News 23608. Shipping not possible, so you'd have to be local or arrange to meet within reasonable distance. Hit me up with any questions!

EDIT: Craigslist ad with my phone number, if you wish to text me directly. https://norfolk.craigslist.org/ele/d/newport-news-reduced-audiophile-kef-5/6943791801.html

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
You note some wear and tear on the ebay listing...anything specific? Is that single mid/bass driver center channel able to keep up with those towers?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

I got a picture of the scuff on one of the towers. Beyond that one of the grilles has a little fabric tear. But I don't remember any other blemishes. All the drivers are in pristine condition. I can check again and make sure I didn't miss anything.

I've not had any presence concerns with the center channel. I set my listening distances on the receiver and haven't adjusted anything since.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Ok last call! $400 cash or $450 through ebay/paypal! WAY below what they're worth. 3 days before they're out of the house.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Ok last call! $400 cash or $450 through ebay/paypal! WAY below what they're worth. 3 days before they're out of the house.
If only you weren't halfway across the country, I could consider taking these off your hands.

By the way, pretty much any real estate agent is gonna tell you "today is the best time to get that house on the market". That's how they get paid.

Housing in Central Texas is just silly right now too.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Where in Texas are you?

*Edit: Just looked on ebay. You're across the country for me too. I have family in Texas and it wouldn't be too hard for me to find an excuse for a road trip to say hi!

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

If only you weren't halfway across the country, I could consider taking these off your hands.

By the way, pretty much any real estate agent is gonna tell you "today is the best time to get that house on the market". That's how they get paid.

Housing in Central Texas is just silly right now too.
Oh we've looked at comps and sell times and transaction prices. I'm not joking when I say we stand a chance to get $25k more than we could have a year ago. Our own research backs up everything.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Oh we've looked at comps and sell times and transaction prices. I'm not joking when I say we stand a chance to get $25k more than we could have a year ago. Our own research backs up everything.
What's the average days on the market for your area right now?

When we sold, the average in my neighborhood was 10 days on the market!

Have you started looking at new houses yet? You better be ready to pull the trigger!

Around here, if you tour a house and like it, you better sit down and work up the offer on the spot, or it won't be available. And, it is very common to have to offer more than asking price just to get your foot in the door!

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

I've closed the ebay ad. I have 3 different out of town prospective buyers who want to drive in and possibly buy. It would be great if I can move them this weekend instead of putting them in a storage unit.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

What's the average days on the market for your area right now?

When we sold, the average in my neighborhood was 10 days on the market!

Have you started looking at new houses yet? You better be ready to pull the trigger!

Around here, if you tour a house and like it, you better sit down and work up the offer on the spot, or it won't be available. And, it is very common to have to offer more than asking price just to get your foot in the door!
We're going to rent and save up for 12 months or more. We got into this house because we rushed, and we have fixed/upgraded a LOT in the past 8 years... it's been exhausting honestly. I dare say the house we are selling in 2019 is what it should have been when we bought it in 2011, but I was a new buyer and had a lot to learn.

I'm never going to rush into buying again.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Speakers are sold!

So, I try to be fair in life, and keep good karma going. I've posted before that my future living room setup would be a pair of Klipsch RP-280F's (or teh new RP-8000's if a deal was to be had) and one or two subs, and just do 2.0/2.1. I wasn't planning to shop for them right now, but damn if a pair in cherry finish didn't pop up on DC Craigslist Wednesday... for $400! Gotta do what you gotta do, so I made a ~7 hour trip because I knew those weren't going to last!

Regardless of what the KEF's were actually worth (and I probably could have parted out raw drivers on ebay for more than $400), I decided that if I got what I wanted for $400, that's what my set should sell for. So I lowered the price one last time... (can you believe one chump STILL wanted to lowball me to $300! :mad:). My phone started blowing up Thursday night. Had 4 people willing to come by today if I still had them. But... this one guy drove down from Maryland last night... NINE HOURS round trip because of Friday night traffic and interstate construction, listened to them, loved them, and paid cash on the spot. I can relate to his dedication, and I know they have a good home.

Enjoy the hell out of those speakers, Hank!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis