Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Words elude me, Greg. Good news on one front, bad on another. The family must be pretty stressed. I'm really glad to see that her mom is doing better, and I hope that her brother follows suit real quick.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't even know what to say. At least everything seems to be under control at the moment.

Gordonj

Gordonj

Full Audioholic
Praying for your family and that you continue to be granted wisdom from above.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Greg, it's tough but it sounds like your family steps up for each other and does what needs to be done. It may not be pleasant, but you do what is best for everyone. Take care of yourself as you don't need the stress taking you or another family member down as well.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks once again guys.

The brother looks great today and we are getting him enrolled in SSI since he is disabled at this point and probably has been for almost a year.

The mother is looking good too. I had the LTAC evaluation done today and she was borderline at meeting their strict criteria but I called one of my doctor friends and he pushed the LTAC CEO into accepting her and he will take over her care. We should get her moved around Friday.

My other brother in law and my nephew had "dad duty" last night and it was a rough go for them. Dad was very angry and wouldn't let them change him or put him to bed. He slept upright on the couch all night with dirty drawers. The Veteran's Caregiving company came out at 8:30 am and didn't have any issue cleaning him up and getting him situated.

My wife has overnight duty tonight and I am on-deck Friday night. I hope he likes whisky and watching Batman or LOTR because that's how I roll on Friday nights...lol...

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Just catching up. Sorry to read this thread. Hope everyone ends up OK. Prayers sent.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks once again guys.

The brother looks great today and we are getting him enrolled in SSI since he is disabled at this point and probably has been for almost a year.

The mother is looking good too. I had the LTAC evaluation done today and she was borderline at meeting their strict criteria but I called one of my doctor friends and he pushed the LTAC CEO into accepting her and he will take over her care. We should get her moved around Friday.

My other brother in law and my nephew had "dad duty" last night and it was a rough go for them. Dad was very angry and wouldn't let them change him or put him to bed. He slept upright on the couch all night with dirty drawers. The Veteran's Caregiving company came out at 8:30 am and didn't have any issue cleaning him up and getting him situated.

My wife has overnight duty tonight and I am on-deck Friday night. I hope he likes whisky and watching Batman or LOTR because that's how I roll on Friday nights...lol...
Glad to hear things are falling into place again. I hope you don't mean movies at your place...might want to keep it down :eek:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Glad to hear things are falling into place again. I hope you don't mean movies at your place...might want to keep it down :eek:
Nope, it will be at his house. Don't worry, I bought him a nice LCD so it will be fine...

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Wow Greg, you sure do live an exciting life...

If she hasn't already your wife may want to have her heart checked out just to be safe.

Still sending positives.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Wow Greg, you sure do live an exciting life...

If she hasn't already your wife may want to have her heart checked out just to be safe.

Still sending positives.
Oh believe me, I have already got her to check everything. Complete blood work, heart age testing and stress test. I have also started her on a strict nutrition and exercise plan. I told her that she can be mad at me and hate me during training but she will be healthy and hot while she is yelling at me.

BTW: Her heart age came out >10 years younger than she is but her genetics are obviously horrible. Her HDL and LDL look great and perfect blood pressure. Her older sister is really overweight and her twin sister is 25 or so pounds overweight so I had a chat with them today.

Luckily she is fit most of the year but she has a bad habit of going into hibernation for 3 months every winter and she packs on about 10lbs. She has an excuse of it getting dark to early and she's tired but that's not going to fly anymore. She really likes road biking so I am sure that means I will be doing more of that with her vs mountain biking, which is my favorite. I always feel road biking keeps you healthy right up until the car hits you and you become part of the pavement...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Sounds like a tough go, but I'm glad to hear it's a wake up call. I know when my grandmother passed a couple years back it put me back on an exercise program.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Well things look way better than expected. Mom and brother are both home as of last night. She was doing so good that I cancelled the LTAC hospital and let her go home on Home Healthcare. The brother looks completely normal and is walking around like nothing ever happened.

Neither can drive for 2 weeks and they are not supposed to lift anything or due much activity besides gentle walking. We are still staying the nights with them and cooking all their meals.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yes. I'm on duty tonight. Been here for a couple of hours and already about to hang myself. ..

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It looks as if you have some good news and that a couple of disasters have been averted.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for all the support guys.

Here is a cross post I posted on the "Snow" thread.

With all the family stuff going on I have had very little sleep and a lot of stress. I was up for 36 hours when we were relieved from our "shift" yesterday at 5 pm. I drove an hour back to our house and loaded up my bike and drove another hour to my favorite trail. The views reminded me of how great God is and all my stress was relived after 2 hours of beautiful singletrack.

Fort Worth yesterday:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis