PowerBridge Total Solution Slim-Line In-wall Power Kit

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
I'm amazed at the number of flat panel TVs that are purchased by friends and family, only to be placed on top of traditional furniture. I mean, isn't a flat panel designed to be hung on the wall? I think so, but then there's the issue of unsightly cables dangling down from the set to the equipment below. Well HD-Products, Inc solves this with their line of PowerBridge products. The Total Solution Slim-Line system’s primary function is used to hide all of your power, audio, video, and coaxial cables behind the wall - where they belong. I elected to use this system to get rid of the clutter of cables and even the power cord that hung down from my wall-mounted Samsung 40-inch flat screen TV. It's the perfect solution to eliminate cables lying around on the floor, or dangling from your components for a cleaner look - the way a flat panel was meant to be.

Discuss "PowerBridge Total Solution Slim-Line In-wall Power Kit" here. Read the article.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Clint,

Just an FYI, the electrical input and output are not IEC but rather the standard Edison connection.

Also did you find that there was enough drywall between the LV side and the Power side for support? It looked like it has maybe .5" between the two.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
nice idea.. seems pricey, but I bet between various home depot / lowes runs to make up my own low profile right angle plug (including a plastic compatible flat black spray paint to cover the neon yellow plastic!) & hacking up low voltage boxes to fit and drilling out face plate blanks for cables, I probabaly spent a similiar amount of money...

caper26

caper26

Full Audioholic
Just bought this from RAM electronics. I am from Canada so if you buy this from the US, don't get ground shipping. Pay extra for Air, express, courier, and you will save in the end ($30 brokerage?!?!?). Anyway, bought this instead of the datacomm version and I am extremely pleased with this product. It's not cheap plastic that is going to break when you install it. The low voltage pass through is reversible in case you have to flip both units around (mine has pass through on left and AC on right). This thing looks sharp when complete. Once I saw these pictures, I was sold on doing it myself, so now I have those speakers in silver, and all wires are in the wall like this: (seems I don't have enough posts to posts image or links. If you google "energy take fps photos" it is the first picture).
Highly recommended for a professional looking install. Also, I used 20' HDMI 1.3a in-wall rated, and 14 awg in-wall rated speaker cable from monoprice.

majorloser

majorloser

Clint,

Now you need to go to Gene's house and install one in his bedroom :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am glad that my brother-in-law is an electrician. I just point where I want an outlet, give him a beer and 20 minutes later...done...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm amazed at the number of flat panel TVs that are purchased by friends and family, only to be placed on top of traditional furniture. I mean, isn't a flat panel designed to be hung on the wall? I think so, but then there's the issue of unsightly cables dangling down from the set to the equipment below. Well HD-Products, Inc solves this with their line of PowerBridge products. The Total Solution Slim-Line system’s primary function is used to hide all of your power, audio, video, and coaxial cables behind the wall - where they belong. I elected to use this system to get rid of the clutter of cables and even the power cord that hung down from my wall-mounted Samsung 40-inch flat screen TV. It's the perfect solution to eliminate cables lying around on the floor, or dangling from your components for a cleaner look - the way a flat panel was meant to be.

Discuss "PowerBridge Total Solution Slim-Line In-wall Power Kit" here. Read the article.
They're not necessarily made to be hung on a wall- they're made to take up a lot less space than a rear projection TV or a large CRT.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis