Power source needed for M&K Speakers

A

ACO

Audiophyte
New to the forum: I recently purchased L, C, R M&K S-85s, 2 SS-150s, and 2 MP6s with an M&K MX-700 sub. This purchase kicked me into a higher bracket of audio. My issue is that I now need a 7.1 amp or receiver capable of pushing 4 ohm speakers. I plan to spend 1K to 2K. Most normal consumer grade components (Elite, Denon, marantz, etc) do not advertise 4 ohm capability. Any input is greatly appreciated. Super thanks in advance.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
i"m currently using a Denon 3808ci to power my speakers (see below),all 4 ohm. You really shouldn't have too much trouble finding something in your pricerange. For under $2k you can get quite a bit of reciever.

Jack

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Emotiva Amps

I have the Entry level Emotiva LPA-1 amp driving my 4 ohm Onix Ref Speakers and distributed audio system. They have an XPA-5 model (200 Watts x 5) that will be out soon for $800.

If you want a receiver, the Onkyo 805 or something similar should be adequate for your 4 ohm speakers.

A

ACO

Audiophyte
Hi,

Thanks for the input! I am currently looking at Amthem and Rotel separate - my budget seems to be pointing to used amps. Odd that some of the amps that came out years ago are still current - such as the PVA 7. As I look more there are certainly more goodies to be had!!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis