Power Sound Audio XV30 Subwoofer Preview

R

raynist

Junior Audioholic
BTW, my wife still hasn't noticed that there are 3 of them behind he couch. They really just blend in. She didn't watch any of the movies. My daughter jump several times during the Lorax though!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

I think my wife will kill me when she looks behind the couch, we have no reason to get into that closet :)

Put a table runner over all three and she will just love it ;) :D

I hope 5 subs pressurizes your house more than was before.;)

R

raynist

Junior Audioholic
Does she have a sister? :D
When I got the pb12+/2's 6 weeks ago I put them in the theater along the right wall. She came outside and walked right past them. I asked her what she thought of them and she asked where I put them! They have a similar finish to the XV15's and really don't stick out. I love the finish. I have some emptek subs with a glossy finish and really don't like it as there are too many reflections. For a music only system that would be fine.

I like my subs to only bring attention to themselves when called upon!

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
When I got the pb12+/2's 6 weeks ago I put them in the theater along the right wall.
So in the past 1.5 months you bought two PB12-Plus/2 and three VX15 subwoofers?? :eek: An she hasn't decapitated you yet??? How did you get away with that, hide the credit card bill? :p

R

raynist

Junior Audioholic
So in the past 1.5 months you bought two PB12-Plus/2 and three VX15 subwoofers?? :eek: An she hasn't decapitated you yet??? How did you get away with that, hide the credit card bill? :p
Pay cash and have separate checking accounts!

Total I paid a much less than $3k, but I would still never tell her how much! She doesn't even ask.

I sold a 16-46pc+, 20-39pc+ and 20-39pci to help fund this.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Pay cash and have separate checking accounts!

Total I paid a much less than $3k, but I would still never tell her how much! She doesn't even ask.

I sold a 16-46pc+, 20-39pc+ and 20-39pci to help fund this.
"It aint none of your concern, baby". That's the only way to answer the "how much did you spend?" question :D

C

cbnat

Audiophyte
My XS15 arrived and is installed. I don't have all the technical equipment to give people measurements, but I can tell you that it rocks. I am very happy with my purchase and customer support has been outstanding.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture.

R

Reefdvr27

Audiophyte
I just took delivery of my dual XV-15's. These will be replacing Dual Outlaw EX's. I am really hoping they will out perform the Outlaws.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Thus far I can tell you this much about the XS15...

1. The amp generates virtually no heat. If you really push it there's some warmth, but under normal everyday usage it's almost imperceptible.
  2. There's more dynamic range then I anticipated. The ability to play nuanced bass is better then I thought it would be.
  3. It can play loud. Actually, check that; it can play loud. If you like SPL's you'll love this sub.
For a version 1.0 product from a version 1.0 company PSA has done a wonderful job. I'm pretty impressed at this point, especially when you consider the darn thing only costs $700.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm pretty impressed at this point, especially when you consider the darn thing only costs $700.
jeez... Just noticed they DID raised the prices slightly (aka no more pre-order discounts) well... I wasn't in the market right now anyhow :rolleyes::D

Thou I'm glad to know you like it

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Here's a quick shot of what the XS15 looks like without the driver and amp.

pbc

pbc

Audioholic
I've never been a huge fan of that industrial looking paint. Hopefully they'll offer standard veneer or at least a basic smooth black finish at some point. Specs look great for the price.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
The picture is a bit misleading; it almost makes it appear as though it's covered in bedliner or something, which is not the case. It's a "sand" finish, but the particles are pretty fine. It's also more of a grayish hue then the black it seems to be.

I get what you mean though; it's not a piano black finish. No highly polished gloss here. If your needs are more towards a furniture-grade finish then you probably won't be thrilled with how this one looks. I'm starting to warm up to it because there's no glare, which the polished finishes have. It doesn't show dust or finger smudges either, which is a good thing for me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis