Power problem with Def Tech BP9040

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
…. I’m almost thinking about buying two replacement amplifiers in case I need one in the future…
Or just do what I do - don’t ever buy speakers or subs that have built-in amps. Then you’ll never be dependent on them. You can just use whatever external amps you want - now or 20 years from now.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Or just do what I do - don’t ever buy speakers or subs that have built-in amps. Then you’ll never be dependent on them. You can just use whatever external amps you want - now or 20 years from now.
Class D amps have come a long way. Back in 2011 I picked up the whole Polk LSi line. That Polk line had been out for ten years and Polk was running a half price on the whole line. I was going to get their LSi-25 which by the way had a Class D Amp inside. Every Polk member advised against me getting the LSi-25 because of Amp failure and Polk Audios inability to have replacement amps for warranty purposes. Funny just about all of Polk Audios "Pro" Subs had premature amp failure also. Anyways went with the LSi-15's.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis