Power cables make all the difference

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
How does someone recommend a $400 power cable on a $1000 subwoofer? Ran across this old article and had to share for the lols. Unless it's a satire site and I'm that oblivious.

"Replacing this one short path in the entire circuit of the power delivery system had a vivid impact. I was surprised by how much these subs—now augmented by the PowerForce cables—brought new life with better detail throughout the system. The overall difference may not have been day and night, but maybe day and dusk. My conclusion: a high-quality power cable brings out the best in the SB-3000's amplifier. Replace the stock cable asap for a substantial increase in performance."

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
How does someone recommend a $400 power cable on a $1000 subwoofer? Ran across this old article and had to share for the lols. Unless it's a satire site and I'm that oblivious.

"Replacing this one short path in the entire circuit of the power delivery system had a vivid impact. I was surprised by how much these subs—now augmented by the PowerForce cables—brought new life with better detail throughout the system. The overall difference may not have been day and night, but maybe day and dusk. My conclusion: a high-quality power cable brings out the best in the SB-3000's amplifier. Replace the stock cable asap for a substantial increase in performance."

That's just bullshit marketing because, power cords supplied by audio equipment manufacturers are amply sufficient. It's the same situation with those speaker cables which sell for outrageous prices, which don't provide any audio improvement over affordable oxygen free copper wire of the appropriate gauge.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It's on the internet so it must be true o_O o_O o_O
Agreed. In fact, based on that review, I have placed a large order for some PowerForce cables and will be replacing all of my existing subwoofer cables with the PowerForce brand. I am eagerly awaiting this upgrade and feel that it will be what I have been unknowingly longing for this entire team. Viva la PowerForce!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Positive Feedback is more like Pure Fantasy...

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I saw some cables on some website that were in the thousands, like 13,000 or 20,000 bucks. I mean I am at loss for words when I see stuff like that.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
...I mean I am at loss for words ...
There are larger dictionaries out there. ;) :D

ps. there are or were $30k+speaker cables on the market. AVS had a test posted years ago against a 12ga monster, I think. Million dollar stand alone studio, all his gear. Quit test half way as he could not differentiate them. :eek:

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

These Powerforce cables can’t touch my AudioQuest NRG-2 power cables. The AQ’s just dominate the power. I think it feeds my system like 35% more power. Which we all know what more power means??... Better sound!!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Well I guess Ed Mullen just lost all credibility. I’ve interacted with him many times, and seen him post countless replies all over the place. And still...not ONCE has he said a single word about upgrading the power cables. Maybe SVS should hire the power force engineering team. At least they know what they’re talking about... smh.
For the record, i think companies like this shouldn’t be able to exist, and it’s too bad that in this day in age the snake oil salesman still has platforms to work from.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This thread officially meets my requirement for the AH Drinking Game:
Drink every time there is a discussion about power cables.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This thread officially meets my requirement for the AH Drinking Game:
Drink every time there is a discussion about power cables.
Sorry ol buddy, but that would leave us with way too many cable threads lmao....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There are larger dictionaries out there. ;) :D

ps. there are or were $30k+speaker cables on the market. AVS had a test posted years ago against a 12ga monster, I think. Million dollar stand alone studio, all his gear. Quit test half way as he could not differentiate them. :eek:
Oh you can spend far more than $30k on cables if you put your mind to it :) Fraudioquest cables in 20 ft lengths of their Tree Series WEL Signature will cost $76,800 per the Robb Report :) I'm pretty sure someone has a $100k set. Audiophiles can be seriously stupid.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Oh you can spend far more than $30k on cables if you put your mind to it :) Fraudioquest cables in 20 ft lengths of their Tree Series WEL Signature will cost $76,800 per the Robb Report :) I'm pretty sure someone has a $100k set. Audiophiles can be seriously stupid.
I the test used his 8ft cable for that price. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

For the record, i think companies like this shouldn’t be able to exist, and it’s too bad that in this day in age the snake oil salesman still has platforms to work from.
Do they ever. And, audio didn't corner the market with the oil. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis