T

TornadoTX

Enthusiast
Currently I am using a cable tht currently looks similar to the one in the picture.

The end that plugs into the DVD player is a Polarized Female(IEC-320-C7) connector. My dvd player will only fit into the Entertainment Center if this plug/adapter is a right angled adapter, but I ahve not been able to find a right angled adapter or plug anywhere.

Could someone please help me find one, or if you know whaere to get one could you please tell me where.I would even be willing to make one.

Would drill wholes into the back of the unit, but I think that my wife would blow a fuse....

Thanks

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
TornadoTX said:
Thanks for the reply. I have tried both places and a number of others on the net. I have tried radioshack and some mom and pop shops locally. Unfortunately I am out of luck.

Is there a way to make the connection that I am looking for?

Thanks

Tight fit :(
You may want to call the DVD maker for ideas? Another DVD player?

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
I don't have a current catalog so I can't be sure. Try Mouser Electronics. WWW.mouser.com. They seem to have just about everything electronic. I found an OEM power supply for a laptop for $35 when the manufacturer (IBM) wanted $80+. :cool:

R

RLMe36

Audioholic Intern
JoeE SP9 said:
I don't have a current catalog so I can't be sure. Try Mouser Electronics. WWW.mouser.com. They seem to have just about everything electronic. I found an OEM power supply for a laptop for $35 when the manufacturer (IBM) wanted $80+. :cool:

I second the mouser choice. I ordered a sheilded cable from them for 5 bucks that has an iec plug on it. I can't recall the page, but there were numerous choices for configurations

T

TornadoTX

Enthusiast
Thanks for the responses. I will give them a try.

I have considered another DVD player. The reason is it is a 7 disc Carousel and that is the reason for the size. The only thing holding me back on another DVD player is I am trying to decide on a reciever and that is where my money will be going to.

Thanks again

D

dper

Audiophyte
The critical element of these type of power cords is pin diameter and spacing. If you can find a cord that matches that, you can whittle the plastic around the tip to fit receptical on your player with a sharp exacto knife. The tip you show in the picture is polarized. Try to get a cord with a polarized plug (one blade wider) and whittle the other end so the polarity matches the original cord. You might want to buy a couple power cords in case you make a mistake or the first one doesn't look as good as you'd like.

I

IvanRomero

Audiophyte
That looks exactly like a Sony Playstation or Sega Dreamcast power adapter. Look at your local video game store for a proper cable. They might have a right angle one.

T

TornadoTX

Enthusiast
Thanks for the help. I took the Idea of an Exacto knife and looking at other stores. All in all, I have not a chance with this, and I am going to need to cut into the Entertainment center after all. Cannot say that I did not try.

Thanks for your help.

Adriano

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis