Power AMP recommendations?

• Thread starter LeonardhoFstader1
  • Start date
L

LeonardhoFstader1

Audiophyte
Hey guys!
I have a basic question... I have 5 BW AM 1 speakers in my workout room connected to a SVS SB1000 pairing with a Marantz 5013. What power amp would get for this setup? It’s not loud enough so that’s why I thought I would get a power amp. Something under $800.
192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l

thanks

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey guys!
I have a basic question... I have 5 BW AM 1 speakers in my workout room connected to a SVS SB1000 pairing with a Marantz 5013. What power amp would get for this setup? It’s not loud enough so that’s why I thought I would get a power amp. Something under $800.

thanks
Those speakers are rated for amplifier power up to 100W- I don't know how a separate amplifier will help.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Hey guys!

thanks
1) How big is the room?
2) What is the reason you installed outdoor speakers?

A workout room can be noisy due to the machines. The B&W AM-1s are an 86dB rated speaker, that is toward the lower end for sensitivity and may require some more power.

Keep in mind the 5013's 100W per channel rating is for only two channels, not five at same time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Hey guys!

thanks
Might be cheaper to work out closer to the speakers? :cool:

Here are two options:
1. https://outlawaudio.com/shop/index.php?id_product=45&rewrite=model-2220&controller=product
You could get 2 Outlaw 2220 amps for $800 and see if it makes a difference.

2. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15593
5 channel monolith for 2x the price for all 5 channels.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Seems your speakers are the limiting factor, not the amp...

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
^+1^

If you add more amp and push them too hard you will just blow them as they are only rated to 100watts someone said.

I would invest in more capable speakers first and not outdoor models...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The original thread might have been a bot too. The links likely attract the bots. Mods may want to lock this thread.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis