potential reddit story?

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I have had a shambolic experience today over the sale of my iPhone 8 that needed unlocked. I am still in the middle of the experience but it involves Apple and my cell phone carrier (Spectrum). I had to stop the sale and work on unlocking the iPhone. 6 hours into the mess, and I finally get to the cell carrier representative that knows her stuff. It turns out for permissioning reasons I needed a 5G sim card not a 4G sim card(came from my iPhone 8) in my new iPhone 12 I have (this was not explained initially). The iPhone 8 I have was a warranty replacement from Apple where Apple never notified my carrier of the exchange (thanks Apple care). My carrier has my old broken and replaced iPhone 8 information in their systems not the warranty replaced phone. Today Apple however verified my current iPhone 8 and me as the owner. Spectrum won't update their systems until they do their stuff (representatives were clueless) for the iPhone 8 and that requires the old 4G sim card and the updated information inserted in place of the old then the iPhone temporarily activated, then they will unlock the carrier lock off the iPhone 8. They then need to deactivate the old iPhone 8 and the 4G sim card that went with that device. The iPhone 12 needs a new 5G sim card and reactivated and permissioned properly as a new device (again) bypassing the initial muffed permissioning made by the original representative that helped me transfer service to my iPhone 12 initially. Things are a mess. There are months of lack of candor both on the part of Apple and Spectrum on this issue. This has delayed the sale of the cell phone (iPhone 8) by several days at the minimum. What should have taken 15 minutes has led to multiple hours of time wasted to get to a representative. Although my last representative was knowledgeable, I need a 5G sim card (don't have) and both phones out of service and me on a land line to do the manipulations to reset both devices. Problem as I found out is that the front line call center people cannot give direct dial numbers to customers, and that in addition they cannot dial out. This is absolute nuts. So I am now on hold until a supervisor with the proper permissions can call me. And I have to get a 5G sim card to make the fixes happen. Oh joy!.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Sounds like fun, NOPE !. As these phones get more involved, the replacement issues will be more detailed. And when people ( the untrained service reps) are working regardless of the business, we are going to run into these problems these days in all forms of businesses.

CAse in point. We went out to eat the other night and the waiter put the wrong meal on my card. The other customer got our meals. He had NO clue how to remove the charge and he couldn't find the manager It took 20minutes to get it right. Welcome to clueless untrained employees.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Hey, I would have kept my 6 Plus but it had too little storage and Apple throttled it. Say, they still owe me money for that bulls#%t. I think it's still tied up in the courts. Quite an ordeal Stalag has had with his phone. It shouldn't be that difficult.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
My $99 Android phone works just fine.
That's about what I payed for my i5S or less. Have 16gHz memory and only using 1/2 of it. If I need more, I use my laptop or desktop.

jinjuku

jinjuku

That's about what I payed for my i5S or less. Have 16gHz memory and only using 1/2 of it. If I need more, I use my laptop or desktop.
Did you get it new for $99? That's also a much older phone than my mine. I added 64GB micro SD card for ~$15 a few years ago.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Did you get it new for $99? That's also a much older phone than my mine. I added 64GB micro SD card for ~$15 a few years ago.
No, not brand new, reconditioned.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis