Post Your Home Theater Here!

G

gs274

Enthusiast
Well, I "was" supposed to get a VTF1 to put in the MBR for christmas. When my gift finally showed up (yes, almost 5 months later, my wife...the worlds worst procrastinator)...it wasn't a Hsu at all.

SVS PB12-Plus...in oak...niiiiiiiiiiice! Best wife ever!

L

ldgibson76

Junior Audioholic
Audio/Video Nirvana!

This is my Audio/Video system.

The system is somewhat overpopulated. Video is on the left, Audio on the right.

Regards.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
If we still have home theaters that look like that (no offense), I'll be highly disappointed. I'll be dead by then, but still disappointed.

L

ldgibson76

Junior Audioholic
^^^ Very futuristic!! (03/08/2139?) :)
Hello dlr.

I used my daughter's 8.2MP camera and I had no idea that she did not adjust for the correct date. The photo was actually taken March 8, 2009. I will posting a revised photo with the current date on display.

Regards.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hello dlr.

I used my daughter's 8.2MP camera and I had no idea that she did not adjust for the correct date. The photo was actually taken March 8, 2009. I will posting a revised photo with the current date on display.

Regards.
lol, i didn't even realize that it said that. i thought the futuristic comment was just in reference to how the home theater itself looked.

L

ldgibson76

Junior Audioholic
If we still have home theaters that look like that (no offense), I'll be highly disappointed. I'll be dead by then, but still disappointed.
Hello mperfect.:rolleyes:

I appreciate your candor regarding my system and it's relevance or lack thereof in the year 2139. Believe me, my concern for your expectations of the advancement of A/V technology in the future is the least of concerns. If the date posted in the photo, offended your sensibilities regarding the audio/video technology of that century, then you are taking this way too seriously! Then again, there is something be said about vintage technology.

Oh, and about your attempt at damage control prefacing the observation with "no offense", well too late, I'm offended! The system is current enough for my tastes and I like it.

Now, if your statement was said in jest, then all is well and please disregard what you read, but, when the "no offense" clause was inserted, the "jest" became wishful thinking. If you do not like the system configuration, cool, I can accept that. You are entitled to your opinion.

I wish you a happy audio/video future!:rolleyes:

Regards.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now, if your statement was said in jest, then all is well and please disregard what you read...
That's my guess. Chris is a real nice guy, and I just think that he was saying that gear should get better in a hundred years. I don't think that he was making fun of your set-up, which is quite nice, btw! Is that a Panamax on the bottom left? I always liked those.

You should start your own thread in the member gallery. I'd like to know more about what you have.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
3/8/2139

I am sure that mperfct definitely referred to your posted date of the pic, and surely you know that too,however no matter how nice your system is and it is very nice to say the least, i too hope that HT would look just a little more advanced in say 100 years from now. ;). Not that I'll ever know. :)

L

ldgibson76

Junior Audioholic
That's my guess. Chris is a real nice guy, and I just think that he was saying that gear should get better in a hundred years. I don't think that he was making fun of your set-up, which is quite nice, btw! Is that a Panamax on the bottom left? I always liked those.

You should start your own thread in the member gallery. I'd like to know more about what you have.
Hello Adam.

Thank you for the kind words regarding my system.
I do not doubt that Chris is a nice guy. I've read his thread and he seems to be very cordial and helpful. And after reading the post again, and again, I will give the benefit of the doubt that the observation was in jest and maybe I was a little sensitive. But, my system is like one of my kids!:D

So, to mperfct (Chris), you have my apologies for my harsh reacton. I too hope the technology in 2139 is way beyond what any of us currently have !;) And for the record, I would never consider my audio/video system a hometheater. At best, it's an entertainment system/a flat panel with surround sound capable audio. A hometheater is what you have. A very nice one by the way.

Panamax you ask? Absolutely. It's the M5400-PM. There is also a Panamax on the bottom right also. It's the older Max5100. I felt it was necessary o have 2 power centers to accommodate all of the components.

I do have my own thread in the Members Gallery Section. It's titled,
"It's a Marantz and Klipsch thang".

Regards.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I do have my own thread in the Members Gallery Section. It's titled,
"It's a Marantz and Klipsch thang".
Ahhh! I've seen that thread, but I haven't been keeping up with it.

I'll have to go check it out again. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
L

ldgibson76

Junior Audioholic
3/8/2139

I am sure that mperfct definitely referred to your posted date of the pic, and surely you know that too,however no matter how nice your system is and it is very nice to say the least, i too hope that HT would look just a little more advanced in say 100 years from now. ;). Not that I'll ever know. :)

Thank you for your observation and the compliment regarding my setup.
I do concur, that in 100 years, the technology will be beyond our wildest dreams. I apologize if my rebuttal to mperfct's observation was a little harsh.
Sometimes my passion for the hobby overtakes my logic.:eek:

Regards.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Hello mperfect.:rolleyes:

I appreciate your candor regarding my system and it's relevance or lack thereof in the year 2139. Believe me, my concern for your expectations of the advancement of A/V technology in the future is the least of concerns. If the date posted in the photo, offended your sensibilities regarding the audio/video technology of that century, then you are taking this way too seriously! Then again, there is something be said about vintage technology.

Oh, and about your attempt at damage control prefacing the observation with "no offense", well too late, I'm offended! The system is current enough for my tastes and I like it.

Now, if your statement was said in jest, then all is well and please disregard what you read, but, when the "no offense" clause was inserted, the "jest" became wishful thinking. If you do not like the system configuration, cool, I can accept that. You are entitled to your opinion.

I wish you a happy audio/video future!:rolleyes:

Regards.
Uh...don't be offended. I like your system. A lot. I was just "jesting" about the camera date. That's all.

Sorry I tend to readily assume that my responses/threads are typed out as though everybody knows me personally and that I rarely say anything seriously.

Enjoy your system! :D

L

ldgibson76

Junior Audioholic
(5-29-2009) Post to "Adam's" response:
So, to mperfct (Chris), you have my apologies for my harsh reacton. I too hope the technology in 2139 is way beyond what any of us currently have !And for the record, I would never consider my audio/video system a hometheater. At best, it's an entertainment system/a flat panel with surround sound capable audio. A hometheater is what you have. A very nice one by the way.

Uh...don't be offended. I like your system. A lot. I was just "jesting" about the camera date. That's all.

Sorry I tend to readily assume that my responses/threads are typed out as though everybody knows me personally and that I rarely say anything seriously.

Enjoy your system! :D
Hello Chris.

Thank you for your level-headed response to my little tirade. I must tell you that I did eventually get over myself and calm down. And contrary to popular belief, it is I that should not take this too seriously!

I tried to do a little damage control myself with the post addressed to "Adam". (above)

And thank you for the compliment on the system. But I do realize that my system is on the verge of becoming obsolete in this decade, let alone this century! So updates and replacements are imminent!

Regards.

M

Moonlight

Audioholic Intern
Attach pics - how?

Hi

I'm looking for the button 'below' to attach pictures and can't find it??

I'm not ready yet but handy to know anyway

Cheers:

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
You have to "Go Advanced" to attach pics. From a board performance perspective, it's always better to link the images rather than attach them. I believe photobucket is a good place to drop your pics, and then link them here with the IMG tag.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis