Post Your Best Budget Speaker Finds Here

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just found a pair of Infinity Overture 1 speakers for $50 on Craigslist, but know very little about them. Thinking about contacting and offering $35 and see if they'd take it.

00G0G_it9MNvd4ppf_600x450.jpg
00f0f_bKZ91yMlmQn_600x450 (1).jpg
00h0h_hWFxkKucdda_600x450.jpg

F

felipe

Audioholic
I recently had to change my audio setup to better accommodate my living space, but I still wanted that Atmos surround I once had. After some research, I was able to get a full 5.x.4 Dolby Atmos Surround setup for less than 650 total. It consists of the Pioneer S-FS52 floorstanders, the SP-C22 center, the SP-BS22A Atmos-enabled bookshelves and the SP- T22A Atmos modules. This setup IMO trumps any Atmos soundbar for the price, even sans a sub. I’ll post pics as soon as i can ( tried uploading but the files were too large ).

J

JRED 1219

Audioholic
Just picked up monolith 365c center channel for $350 CANADIAN from amazon.ca...

After my purchase the price went back up over $750 cdn.

Crossing my fingers for the 365ts to match or wait for the 460t just announced.

F

felipe

Audioholic
I recently had to change my audio setup to better accommodate my living space, but I still wanted that Atmos surround I once had. After some research, I was able to get a full 5.x.4 Dolby Atmos Surround setup for less than 650 total. It consists of the Pioneer S-FS52 floorstanders, the SP-C22 center, the SP-BS22A Atmos-enabled bookshelves and the SP- T22A Atmos modules. This setup IMO trumps any Atmos soundbar for the price, even sans a sub. I’ll post pics as soon as i can ( tried uploading but the files were too large ).
Update: I scored two SB1000 subs for 500 (local seller...both in mint condition) and a pair of BS22s for 50. Originally I was going to use the BS22’s in the bedroom, but having the subs I decided to put the FS52s in the bedroom and use the BS22s with the subs in my main setup. Now I gotta get used to using subs again lol:p. So now I have a 5.2.4 system for less than those expensive Atmos soundbars ( with better speakers and MUCH better subs ). Again, I took pics, but the file size is too large...they gotta work on allowing larger size photos to be uploaded....please

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
There are myriad free apps to resize photos. I'd give you a link if I wasn't on my phone.

F

felipe

Audioholic
20190925_100700.jpg

Ok I was able to post one of the updated pics...this is the front soundstage.

F

felipe

Audioholic
Here's the rest of the pics I took...a complete 5.2.4 "Atmos soundbar killer" system :cool:! Now, I know the Atmos enabled speakers aren't a big hit amongst most here, but these do definitely add a "height" dimension to the sound....I do hear overhead effects. The concentric design of the atmos drivers is the way to go for this kind of design. Good job AJ;)
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's the rest of the pics I took...a complete 5.2.4 "Atmos soundbar killer" system :cool:! Now, I know the Atmos enabled speakers aren't a big hit amongst most here, but these do definitely add a "height" dimension to the sound....I do hear overhead effects. The concentric design of the atmos drivers is the way to go for this kind of design. Good job AJ;)View attachment 31550View attachment 31551View attachment 31552
That's a very nice looking, clean setup you got there! Sound bar killer indeed! Nice job on your selection of equipment. I'll bet it sounds awesome!

F

felipe

Audioholic
Thanks Pogre. It does sound awesome! :). Let me tell ya, those SB1000s pack some punch for their size! If you’re able to, go dual! ( SVS and Audioholics got it right advising that ;) )

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks Pogre. It does sound awesome! :). Let me tell ya, those SB1000s pack some punch for their size! If you’re able to, go dual! ( SVS and Audioholics got it right advising that ;) )
I had a pair of SB1000s. I know how good they are. My room calls for much bigger subs tho so I got a pair of ported 15s. I still think the 1000s are some of the cleanest subs I've heard tho. I didn't want to sell them, but I needed quite a bit more.

G

geniusmusicman

Junior Audioholic
Honorable mention: the Monoprice 5.1 speaker setup for like 160 (used to be about 200) ... it was model 10565 I think?.. the one that's very similar to the Energy Take system... but is the newer, less 'pretty' version. It is my xbox setup in the gameroom, all connected through a Denon s530bt I got on Woot for a crazy low 130.00 (factory refurb). Really great receiver for that money!
I also have that same Monoprice system in my living room with a refurbished Denon AVR-S510BT. Pretty damn good combo for the price. Not my only system, but I still love it. Currently running Infinity R152 speakers with an Emotiva BasX A-100 amp for my PC.

F

felipe

Audioholic
I had a pair of SB1000s. I know how good they are. My room calls for much bigger subs tho so I got a pair of ported 15s. I still think the 1000s are some of the cleanest subs I've heard tho. I didn't want to sell them, but I needed quite a bit more.
I agree...they are very clean sounding subs. I can hear articulation in the bass that I didn’t hear before ( especially in movies...explosions have “texture” to the sound...or sound like real explosions and not one note wonders ).

W

William Blackwell

Audiophyte
I got a pair of Pinnacle Classic Gold Reference and the center speaker as well for $30 at a local thrift store . When i got home to research the speakers i found a article by Gene: Speaker Face-off 1 Battle of the Budget Tower. Gene said that I don't believe you can do much better than the Pinnacle Classic Gold Reference.
_DSC9984.jpg
The same day I bought a Soundcrafsmen pro power four amp for $10 . The Pinnacles sound amazing with the pro power four especially for $40 .
Speaker Face-off I: Battle of the Budget Tower

pp4.jpg

D

Daniel Stevens

Audiophyte
20191003_134257.jpg
20191003_134307.jpg
20191003_134424.jpg
20191003_135041.jpg
20191003_130509.jpg
20191003_134257.jpg
20191003_134307.jpg
20191003_134424.jpg
20191003_135041.jpg

Being here in sunny Queensland Australia we don't have the need for thick carpets so my acoustics aren't as good add they should be.
Started building this system a few years ago, consists of:
LG 77" C8 OLED Tv
Yamaha cx-a5100 processor
Yamaha mx-a5000 amplifier
Yamaha Soavo towers as fronts
Yamaha Soavo subs X 2
4 rear Yamaha Soavo bookshelf speakers on stands
4 B&W in ceiling speakers for atmos (ccm63 I believe.)
The processor also runs into a Yamaha a-s501 amplifier that supplies my garden speakers (Yamaha aw294)

I also have the added luxury in my Vinyl room consisting of:
Yamaha A-S3000
Yamaha ns-f901's
Yamaha network player NP-s303
Project carbon turntable with 2m black cartridge.

All of this connects seamlessly with Yamaha MusicCast.
I can really get this place pumping with sound or just listen to clear precise un altered stereo.

Yamaha should sponsor me! I alone have kept them afloat this year I reckon

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
DCM TP160s bookshelf speakers in cherry finish .... suggested retail was $349 a pair, I got them for $49 shipped.

This is my second best deal ... 6-1/2 " kevlar woofers, 1" teteron dome tweeters with bananna plug binding posts ... weigh around 12 to 13 lbs each and dark cherry finish

They sound linear and balanced to me with some real good imaging and tight tuneful bass. Based on my ears one of the best $349 and down speakers that I have heard. Clearly better than the likes of Sony and Pioneer and Infinity Primus and JBL Arena and the likes of Q Acoustics and NHT SuperOne.
For the fun of it, here is a picture of the 1" front baffle on the DCM speakers that are on clearance prices -- the build quality is clearly above their really good current price point.

1570324789352.png

T

TitaniumTroy

Enthusiast
Magnepan LRS, or JBL LSR308 which is what I use for my surround speakers to match my JBL4367s front Speakers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
View attachment 31662View attachment 31663View attachment 31664View attachment 31665View attachment 31666View attachment 31662View attachment 31663View attachment 31664View attachment 31665
Being here in sunny Queensland Australia we don't have the need for thick carpets so my acoustics aren't as good add they should be.
Started building this system a few years ago, consists of:
LG 77" C8 OLED Tv
Yamaha cx-a5100 processor
Yamaha mx-a5000 amplifier
Yamaha Soavo towers as fronts
Yamaha Soavo subs X 2
4 rear Yamaha Soavo bookshelf speakers on stands
4 B&W in ceiling speakers for atmos (ccm63 I believe.)
The processor also runs into a Yamaha a-s501 amplifier that supplies my garden speakers (Yamaha aw294)

I also have the added luxury in my Vinyl room consisting of:
Yamaha A-S3000
Yamaha ns-f901's
Yamaha network player NP-s303
Project carbon turntable with 2m black cartridge.

All of this connects seamlessly with Yamaha MusicCast.
I can really get this place pumping with sound or just listen to clear precise un altered stereo.

Yamaha should sponsor me! I alone have kept them afloat this year I reckon
Beautiful system, but this is a budget find thread. Did you get all that stuff on the cheap?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Magnepan LRS, or JBL LSR308 which is what I use for my surround speakers to match my JBL4367s front Speakers.
Again, not sure I'd consider magnepan speakers a "budget find" unless you got 'em cheap at a garage sale from some little old lady in Schenectady...

W

wje2

Audioholic Intern
Elac B6.2 for $170 locally - still in the box. Monolith 10" ported sub, $325.00, locally and included the box.

Elac B62.JPG

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis