Post pad thread for new users that are not spammers

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
here is where i will move legit post pads

i will delete them again as soon as the new user is assimilated completely to the collective

post padding to reach the 25 posts just to post in the classifieds is not allowed.

understand that even if you had the necessary 25 posts to create a thread in the classifieds, you wouldn't have the "credibility" to be able to sell to regular AH members. you need to build up that credibility by posting regularly

Last edited by a moderator:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
So what defines a legit post pad? I am a little confused by that.

*turns around with a cold sweat*

*stuttering*..oh heh-hey m-mike......I didn't see you standing there.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
basically from people who need to pm or something (weren't you the one who suggested this?). i can handle 5 posts - but 25? no :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The only way I can see this thread being usefull if it becomes a sticky in the Site Suggestions & Feedback forum or is constantly bumped so that this thread is shown in the main forum at all times for the newbs (this option is obviously not plausable)....so you do the math;)

BTW I am surprised post padding 25 posts is not a bannable offense.

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
The only way I can see this thread being usefull if it becomes a sticky in the Site Suggestions & Feedback forum or is constantly bumped so that this thread is shown in the main forum at all times for the newbs (this option is obviously not plausable)....so you do the math;)

BTW I am surprised post padding 25 posts is not a bannable offense.
stickied.

i dunno, gave him the benefit of the doubt.

i'm getting soft. :eek:

majorloser

majorloser

So what defines a legit post pad? I am a little confused by that.
Any post padding from a newbie that goes by without an admin or mod catching them. If we catch them, we delete the posts and warn them. If they continue, then they get a special message from the site server next time they try to log in. :rolleyes::eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Woohoo! I'm third coolest.

I can imagine the fame and fortune that are soon to follow.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm actually shocked to see I made page two. I thought I lurked more than anything.

Jack

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
basically from people who need to pm or something (weren't you the one who suggested this?). i can handle 5 posts - but 25? no :D
Sorry, I thought you where contradicting yourself by saying it's not ok to make 25 posts, but you can make 25 posts here if you want. LOL:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis