S

stolz

Audiophyte
Hello,
I have a vintage pair of Realistic PRO-50 headphones which I believe are the same or similar to the AKG K250 600 ohm. (Made for Radio Shack by AKG.) They sound fine except for a very poor bass response. If I play them through either a software or hardware equalizer with the base controls pushed up high I do get a better bass response. I am using them with a Schiit Magni 3 amplifier set on the high position. I also get the same results with other headphone amps.

Is this normal for this headphone?
Are there any modifications to the headphones that I can make to improve the bass response?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello,
I have a vintage pair of Realistic PRO-50 headphones which I believe are the same or similar to the AKG K250 600 ohm. (Made for Radio Shack by AKG.) They sound fine except for a very poor bass response. If I play them through either a software or hardware equalizer with the base controls pushed up high I do get a better bass response. I am using them with a Schiit Magni 3 amplifier set on the high position. I also get the same results with other headphone amps.

Is this normal for this headphone?
Are there any modifications to the headphones that I can make to improve the bass response?

Many thanks in advance for any help.
That series of AKG phones never had a good bass response. It was a major weakness of those phones. If you want more bass, it means new phones.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Get those Senns 58x or 560s. You'll get tight bass.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis