Poll : How many tvs do you own and where are they located?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I have 4 - a 49 in my living room, a 40 in the computer room / 3rd bedroom, a 39 in my bedroom, and a 32 in the 2nd bedroom. I brought all but the 40 when I moved here from DFW and inherited if from my mom after I moved.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
3:
1 unused, an old 40" Samsung about 10 years old we got with the PS3 when Metal Gear Solid Bundle came out.
2 Sony Bravias:
x85 55" in Great room, will probably update this to a 65" in another year or so.
x900F 49" in my private room (per my signature).

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
75" in Family Room
43" in Kids Bedroom soon to be a 65"

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
2 JVC 4K Projectors: theater room
7 Sony 4K TVs: 4 bedrooms, 1 study room, 1 family room, 1 breakfast room

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Four, 59" plasmas in living room and bedroom, 37" lcd in a spare bedroom, 23" lcd in the workshop.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
one in use, 50" Sony Bravia LCD in my main 7.2 'entertainment center'.
one 13" CRT portable stored in the walk-in closet, cannot remember the brand, when I finally clean out the closet then I'll know! LOL

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
4. 58” panny plasma. 7.3.4 Atmos.
32” Sharp Aquos bedroom tv and PC monitor. 5.1.
46” Sony Bravia LCD. Media/game room. 5.2
32” unknown generic azz thing my kid uses for YouTube/mixing. 2.1

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Just 3 TVs

65in Samsung KS8000 4K in the Den

54in Panasonic Plasma 1080p in the living room

39in Toshiba LED 1080p in the bedroom

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Two tv's here, both Samsung's. 55" in the living room and a 42" in storage in the attic.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Two - new Samsung QN65Q7DRAFXZA 65"
plus 6 year old 55" Samsung model UN55F7100

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
75” Sony 900e (theater room)
65” Sony 900e (older sons room)
75” tcl 825 (My bedroom)
65” lg c8 oled (Older daughters room)
3 55” tcl 617 (two younger kids and living room)
65” Panasonic zt60 plasma (pool)
47” lg lx9500 (garage)

so 9 tvs and my favorites are 900e and tcl 8. Oled use to be in my bedroom setup, but the motion and abl was too annoying. The tcl 8 is new though, and I might return it because of some of the weird issues it has. When it’s working right it’s my best panel. Also surprisingly the lg lx9500 is still working. Probably because it was built when led technology was at its pinnacle. All glass tv, blacks as good as oled, 480hz, fald, 540 dimming zones on 47”, thx certified modes and weighs about 90lbs.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have 3 TVs in service.

A 65" Panny plasma in the first floor great room.

A 52" Panny plasma in the second floor family room.

77" LG OLED in the theater.

That's my three.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

65" panasonic plasma in my office, 5.1 setup
70" vizio LCD in the living room, 5.0 setup
55" Sony LCD in the master bedroom, soundbar (it's fine)
120" with mitsubishi pj, 7.4.4 setup
42" panasonic plasma for the game room
32" in the kid's play room

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Wish I had a 55" OLED/// Basement 55" with 5.1 surround, 55" in living room w sound bar, 43" in bedroom. That makes THREE and all tied into Directv and ATT Wi-Fi///All are TCL's with ROKU.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have 3 TVs in service.

A 65" Panny plasma in the first floor great room.

A 52" Panny plasma in the second floor family room.

77" LG OLED in the theater.

That's my three.
That second pic has me thinking of the thread about putting floor standers in the wall....or does it just look like that?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
That second pic has me thinking of the thread about putting floor standers in the wall....or does it just look like that?
They are in cabinet, and in fact just slightly protrude out of it. I designed the speakers to allow for that placement. One of the benefits of being a DIY designer and builder is to design for a specific purpose.

This is the FR at I meter on axis.

The FR of the two coupled cavity isobaric subs. They date from mid eighties before sub were in vogue. They just support and even out the lower end.

This is the system far filed FR at the main listening position.

No audyssey Eq is engaged. Note the impulse response. You can see the effect of subs placed at a distance, and that time delay can not be fully corrected. The first impulse is the two speakers and the second impulse is the subs.

The speakers are a retro design that I decided to do as homage to Raymond Cooke founder of KEF and one of my early mentors. It is loosely an update of one of his three way designs that used his B139 bass driver, a melinex domed mid and the T27 tweeter. The crossover uses his techniques of impedance correction in the crossover. Back in those days our amps were tube, which have a high source impedance, and therefore the amp will tend to follow the impedance curve of the speaker. So crazy impedance curves were best avoided. The speakers do use his very famous KEF B 139 bass drivers. This after nearly sixty years remains one of the best bass drivers around and there are highly sought after on the used market.

That picture was taken at their previous location at Benedict.

I have to say that I really do enjoy those speakers. Crossover points are 400 Hz and 4 KHz, so the Dynaudio dome mids handle the whole of the speech discrimination band. The tweeter is a mylar planar tweeter. That is a page out of the old Infinity book. I'm firmly of the view that if you are going to design a three way, the mid had better cover the whole speech discrimination band, otherwise the design is a waste of time and resources.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis