G

Gazer

Enthusiast
Anybody have any advice good/bad on the Polk RTi/10 ?

Thanks
Gazer

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Differing opinions

I love mine (the ones you are looking at), but a few guys on the forum say the RTi8's and RTi12's have better midrange (they should with dual drivers). The RTi8's have dual 6.5" mid-woofer drivers and no 7" woofers. The 12's have dual 5.25" mid-range drivers and 3-7" woofers. The 10's have one 6.5" midwoofer and 2-7" woofers. The crossovers are set differently on all three, even though they all use the same tweeter. I use the monsterous CSi5 center channel which has more than enough midrange (dual 6.5"), so I don't notice it as much as the other guys might. My advice to you on any of these speakers is to get a high end receiver that is able to drive them. They are not the most sensitive speakers, and love power. A few guys with the RTi line have a separate amp to drive them. I don't think any of us are extremely impressed with the 7" woofers until you really push these things hard. It took two months of break in period and some really high level volume to get the woofers to pound, but they will if you have enough current to them. If you don't have a high end, power-house receiver, I'd look elsewhere. Possibly the Athena's with dual 8" woofers, or the BIC DV84's, or Klipsch which are highly sensitive (or their rival Acoustech). What kind of deal can you get on them?

G

Gazer

Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply

I've seen them @ e-tailers for $850.00 pr, but I'll probably go to the local tweeter store to check them out. Just recently purchased the Yamaha 2500 from them, so hopefully I'll be able to deal with them. Also, might get ch speaker,same brand. Any suggestions for ch?

A

adjutant

Enthusiast
I have polks also. If you want to save a bunch of money and get anything Polk brand new factory sealed, check out acousticsounddesign.com

I paid 1100 for a pair of LSi15's shipped and 399 for the LSiC shipped. I saved about $1200 off of retail.

They sell on Ebay and you will see nothing but great reviews on their company on audio review. Good people

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
adjutant said:
I have polks also. If you want to save a bunch of money and get anything Polk brand new factory sealed, check out acousticsounddesign.com

I paid 1100 for a pair of LSi15's shipped and 399 for the LSiC shipped. I saved about $1200 off of retail.

They sell on Ebay and you will see nothing but great reviews on their company on audio review. Good people
Ad,

Just checked out that site. Great price on the Polk CSi5, as well as all the BIC and Acoustech stuff. I've never seen LSi's that cheap before. Wow. If the customer service is that good, that is one company to recommend.

These are the type of posts we value most here at Audioholics. Thanks so much, and let us know if/when you see any more outstanding values out there!

A

adjutant

Enthusiast
The guy I worked with is super cool. I really dont need to buy any more stuff but they gave me a $50 coupon for my next purchase.

I'm not sure if I can mention names, but Mike Embers was the guy who helped me on both purchases.

Mods, if names arent allowed I'll delete

Buckeye, this site has been invaluable to me! I have seriously spent some long hours on this site. Its been amazing. I hope my little bit of info helps someone

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis