Polk LSiM706c and JBL 580/590

R

Ragz

Enthusiast
Hi
I am setting up a home theater. I mostly use it to watch movies. My room dimensions are 14’x20’. I am planning to buy Polk LSiM706c for center channel and JBL 580/590 for front left and right. Is it ok to combine multiple brand speakers? Will there be any synchronization issues? Could you please suggest any better front speakers?

Thanks
Ragz

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ideally you want to match the front 3. Not about Synching(?)... about matching the sound.
Everybody I know that tried the matching JBL Center says its great. The 580s and 590s are definitely better than Polk... Why break up the party.

As an aside, matching surrounds and Atmos is not really a big deal... just the fronts. :)

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Ideally you want to match the front 3. Not about Synching(?)... about matching the sound.
Everybody I know that tried the matching JBL Center says its great. The 580s and 590s are definitely better than Polk... Why break up the party.

As an aside, matching surrounds and Atmos is not really a big deal... just the fronts. :)
I second that thought. Running the 520C and 590's. Sounds great.

X

XTex

Audioholic Intern
If you want a bigger center than the 520c, look at the Infinity RC263 rather than the Polk. Frequently on sale for $199.

That said the 520c is also frequently on sale and with Harman's no-risk return policy, it's worth trying the 520c to see if you're happy with it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I use the 520C with my 590s, no complaints altho I was definitely skeptical based on driver size initially. Having the same compression driver in each speaker I like a lot, too (I have 580s for surrounds, 530s for rear surrounds).

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
I recently bought a LSiM706c and paired it with my ancient Legacy Audio tower speakers. Seems to work great, but I am no "golden ear".

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis