Polk HTS 12 vs RSL Speedwoofer 10SMK2

S

skab11

Audiophyte
Does anyone know the differences between the Polk HTS 12 vs RSL Speedwoofer 10SMK2? I am considering getting one of them, and they both get good reviews.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd compare the Polk more with the RSL 12" .... and I'd go with RSL.

You've seen these?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
HD posted good links. I haven’t done a dive in them, but from memory, the Polk is probably closer to the rsl 10s than the 12s. Neither one can touch the 12s, and I think it might be the best value on the market right now.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I guess Polk listened and learned, because their previous subs were really not too stellar. But given the comparison to the RSL 12S, that's not even a question :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I guess Polk listened and learned, because their previous subs were really not too stellar. But given the comparison to the RSL 12S, that's not even a question :)
Yeah for sure Polk has leveled up their sub game. I think the RSL is only 250 more, but imo easily worth it.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I believe the monolith 12 is free shipping and still on sale for $699, so that might be another good choice if you don’t mind the size and weight. :)
  • Dimensions (H x W x D): 22.8" x 16.7" x 23.6"
  • Net Weight: 98.5 lbs.

S

skab11

Audiophyte
Well, I am just looking to spend $500. Would you guys recommend the RSL 10S MK2 or the Polk HTS 12?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like the Polk has more output in the 30-60 range, but the RSL has better response overall. I'd go with that.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’d buy the 10s for that money for one, I think its overall performance is better, especially in low bass. But on top of that, RSL has exceptional customer service.

Matt34

Matt34

I wish there was some cea 2010 data on this. I imagine this is going to have more output than the rsl above 25hz, so depending on room size, might be the better choice. I tried dual rsl 10s in my room for a couple weeks but they just didn't do it for me output wise.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis