BJP

BJP

Audioholic
Stupid question, but does it matter which of the 2 terminals to connect the CSi5 to a receiver. I tried both, not a noticable difference.

Thanks,
BJP

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Bi-amp terminals

No stupid questions. That's why were here.

It does not matter. Leave the jumpers on if you are not driving the center channel with two separate amps. The reason for the dual binding posts is to bi amp the speakers. You can drive the two woofers with one amp, and the tweeter with the receiver or a separate amp. Bi-amping is more of an issue with Polk's high end RTi and LSi floorstanders where more power is needed to drive the woofers. Polks can handle an enormous amount of power, thus roviding dual binding posts on their higher end units. You'll tend to find dual binding posts on mid to high end speakers.

BJP

BJP

Audioholic
In my Polk manual, Figure 8(Bi-wiring) it shows Power Amplifier Front R+/- and L+/-, does that mean that the front sound effects would be going to the centre channel?
Same thing for Figure 9(Bi-amping) although it only says R/L. Is there to be a connection from the centre terminals?

Thanks,
BJP

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
There is no proven benefit to bi-wiring. You can bi-amp the center, but I'd hold off since this is only a center channel. You would first bi-amp your mains. Then if you had the extra amplifier channel, you could bi-amp the center, but it's not needed. Your receiver will send the proper input to your center channel based on your listening preference (PLIIX, DTS Neo 6, 5.1 stereo, etc...) It has nothing to do with the speaker wires. All you need to do is leave the jumpers on the two sets of speaker terminals, and wire the center to the receiver as as you would any other speaker.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis