Polk Audio RTIA7 vs LSIM 705

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Good to know Gmoney.
I never thought that they do that
Apologies
Bro no Apologies necessary you asked a very Valid question on your post on the thread. Believe me I’m not even close to a Designer or engineer. I learned the hard way by throwing money at Electronics when I should have been spending the most coin on better speaker’s first. I’ve spent thousands over the years 40 plus on gear and less on speakers trying to Achieve good sound quality when the Bulk of my money should have went to better speakers first. The really good ones will run you up around 5 or 6K a pair the upper end 10k plus. But 2 to 3k will get you into the next Level of biss. So those LSiM 705’s are a nice price at 799 each they where 1499 each if remember right.

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Bro no Apologies necessary you asked a very Valid question on your post on the thread. Believe me I’m not even close to a Designer or engineer. I learned the hard way by throwing money at Electronics when I should have been spending the most coin on better speaker’s first. I’ve spent thousands over the years 40 plus on gear and less on speakers trying to Achieve good sound quality when the Bulk of my money should have went to better speakers first. The really good ones will run you up around 5 or 6K a pair the upper end 10k plus. But 2 to 3k will get you into the next Level of biss. So those LSiM 705’s are a nice price at 799 each they where 1499 each if remember right.
Getting them soon Gmoney, I’ll post my impressions.
The Fluance RT83 turntable is a very good one. I just ordered the acrylic platter.

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
You’ll notice a huge difference between your RTi-a7’s, first the LSiM-705’ have a much better midrange and tweeter. I’ve heard them both and can tell you the LSiM-705 is a Superior speaker. You have the amp to drive them. Now if I may Recommend RBH Impression elite towers? Research them, than get with ADTG he most surely can get you a good price on a pair.
I finally decided to go with Lsim 705 vs Magnepan .7 planar speakers. thanks for your advice.

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
What do you suggest?
I can go up to $1400 for two speakers on my budget.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry misinterpreted your post. I thought you bought the LSim705's. Wanted to know your thoughts on Sound Quality vs. The RTi's you have

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
And just to answer your question. I'm a huge fan of the Polk LSi line. I own the Polk LSi9's. I can't say enough good things about them. If the new LSiM's are as good as the old LSi's, I think they will be a Solid Up-Grade from the RTi's

They Love Power

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Sorry misinterpreted your post. I thought you bought the LSim705's. Wanted to know your thoughts on Sound Quality vs. The RTi's you have
Exactly!!!
Sound Quality vs. my RTi's

Better highs, mids and lows
I take as a reference the speaker: Magnepan 1.7i that I used to have.
With the Polk Audio you get the lows also that you are missing frrom the Maggie’s

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
And just to answer your question. I'm a huge fan of the Polk LSi line. I own the Polk LSi9's. I can't say enough good things about them. If the new LSiM's are as good as the old LSi's, I think they will be a Solid Up-Grade from the RTi's

They Love Power
I was on a forum ummm "Steve Hoffman" and this member "F1NUT" was posting up that he would recommend that anyone thinking of buying Polk speakers to rethink the buying of Polk speakers. He/she can't really say the Gender cause this is the internet after all.
Went on saying in his/her post that Polks CS has fallen off very badly that Polks CS Department was not good at all anymore. Now that thread was back in 2019. If I remember there is a member on Polks forum that goes by that Avatar "F1NUT" but it's been years since I've been on Polks forum. Dude was saying that a added amp will give you better Dynamics and lower end at lower volumes. When anyone else would post up anything about amps that "F1NUT" would postup "Bingo". One member even had a Macintosh amp and "F1NUT" stated that the Mac amp wasn't enough to drive Polks LSiM 705's, with nothing more to back up saying that.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis