Polk Audio RTIA7 vs LSIM 705

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Hello my friends.
I own the Polk audio RTIA7 with a Rotel RA 1570 and I’m thinking upgrading to LSIM 705 speakers.
I would like to know if possible, if it worth the upgrade for a small difference in audio quality. I’ve read in other forums also that is a small upgrade.The RTIA7 play good but I was wondering if it worth the upgrade.
I’ll appreciate your advice
Thanks in advance

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I would consider possibly another brand even. How much to upgrade? What's your gameplan? Sell the old and put the funds into the new? Or just straight up buy some new ones? Budget?

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Thank you Pogre,
I’m thinking of selling these and put the money towards the new ones. But why not Polk? Can you explain to me please? If not Polk, what other brand.
Budget will be around $1500. .)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thank you Pogre,
I’m thinking of selling these and put the money towards the new ones. But why not Polk? Can you explain to me please? If not Polk, what other brand.
Budget will be around $1500. .)
I honestly can't give you a really good reason outside of them being difficult to drive speakers and they use wonky crossover points. Other than that everything I've heard about both of the speakers you're talking about is that they do sound good.

The LSIM does look like a superior speaker to me. I think you may notice it doing some things better than the RTis. Of course hearing them would be best. At $1500 you have other good options too tho. I'd check Accessories for less and look at what they have for Canton speakers too. Those have been getting deeply discounted and lots of love lately.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
OTOH why just Polk? That is a nice sale on LSiM they're having, tho. The Polks that I want to hear are the L800s. Aside from a few friends with very old sets of Polk I haven't heard much of their offerings, tho. Can you get a pair of LSiM 705s for demo side by side with your current speakers?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Hello my friends.
I own the Polk audio RTIA7 with a Rotel RA 1570 and I’m thinking upgrading to LSIM 705 speakers.
I would like to know if possible, if it worth the upgrade for a small difference in audio quality. I’ve read in other forums also that is a small upgrade.The RTIA7 play good but I was wondering if it worth the upgrade.
I’ll appreciate your advice
Thanks in advance
You’ll notice a huge difference between your RTi-a7’s, first the LSiM-705’ have a much better midrange and tweeter. I’ve heard them both and can tell you the LSiM-705 is a Superior speaker. You have the amp to drive them. Now if I may Recommend RBH Impression elite towers? Research them, than get with ADTG he most surely can get you a good price on a pair.

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Thank you Gmoney, I’ll check these speakers and depending the price I will decide one of both brands

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I know @KEW has been impressed with the ceramic tweeters in the Canton Vento series of speakers. I found these 876.2s in your budget. If you have good subwoofage KEW might even guide you to a higher tier bookshelf speaker in the price range that'll knock your socks off, lol.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I know @KEW has been impressed with the ceramic tweeters in the Canton Vento series of speakers. I found these 876.2s in your budget. If you have good subwoofage KEW might even guide you to a higher tier bookshelf speaker in the price range that'll knock your socks off, lol.

Let me know if you have a subwoofer (and what it is)!
What do you use for receiver/processor?
I do think the Canton Vento is an incredible deal, and I am a fan of bookshelf + sub being a better value than towers or towers + sub. Let me know if you are open to that - some people just want towers and that is cool!
I am hoping to find some time to compare my Canton Vento to the Elac DRB-62, but it will likely be the end of the week.
Here is a database of a few speaker tests (click the "review" link for anyone you are interested in).
I would consider the "Preference Score" more of a novelty at this point, but it is the best access point for Amir's speaker tests/reviews that I have found!
The Elac DBR-62 may be a game changer (redefine what you should expect for the pricepoint)! I think the Vento is a game changer also, so am very curious to see how they compare!
I was pretty much "over" Andrew Jones and Elac after hearing the original Debut and the UniFi speakers, but Amir's review of the DVR got my attention because {like me) he dissed some of AJ's other speakers (it is hard to find anyone who is not hyping everything AJ has done), but he thought these were very good!
Both of these sit around $600 to $700 for the BS version and the tower siblings sit around your $1500 pricepoint.
Give me a week!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The Elac DBR-62 may be a game changer (redefine what you should expect for the pricepoint)! I think the Vento is a game changer also, so am very curious to see how they compare!

Give me a week!
Here is my comparison between the Elac DBR-62 and the Canton Vento:

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Thank you KEW.
I think in the future I’ll go with ELAC.
Just ordered also a turntable Fluance RT83!
Very excited that I will hook it up to my Rotel 1570 amp. I don’t know though if this amp supports both moving magnet and moving coil. The cartridge on the turntable is MM.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Them 705’s are going for half price right now 78 Lbs each! beefy speakers they are!!

Last edited:
Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Yes, I just checked. I’m concerned though why they sell them so much on eBay and then a discount.
I will remain faithful to my Polk RTIA7!
Thank you for your response.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, I just checked. I’m concerned though why they sell them so much on eBay and then a discount.
Polk has been doing that for umm Decades, when they come out with a new flagship speaker line or Phasing out a speaker lined they throw them on sale. But so do most other speaker manufacturers.
Their RTi line of speakers have been one of their most popular of HT speakers even with the high end range treble issue. I have the RTi-5’s picked them up new for 3 Benjamins for the pair. Best speaker deal ever for me. They are a very nice speaker build nice wide sound stage detail sound low end really surprised me how good it is. Oh they can get loud without breaking up like their cheap Monitor 70s line. I had a pair of RBH Elite tower’s and the low end isn’t as good as the RTi -5’s. RBH Elite has one more 6 1/2 driver plus the midrange on them Elite tower are a little forward sounding. Plus cost 6 time’s more which I feel RBH Impression elites are overpriced. On top of that their customer service isn’t good At least, the time I’ve dealt with them. Polk Audio’s Customer service has always been outstanding when I’ve used them.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
In your first post you asked about sound Sound quality between the two, I posted up that Between the two the LSi-M 705’s are a Superior speaker in Sound quality over the RTi line. They are in just about every way I stand by my post. The LSiM line are Entry level Audiophile speakers. The RTi line are Not.

Update: Now the RTi line are a very nice speaker line for HT, Especially the RTi-a9’s and the ones you have when paired up with a nice 12” sub or bigger. Everyone who has those two Rave how great they are for a HT setup but not so much for music only cause of the upper end issue being a little on the brite sounding side. I choose the RTi-a5’s because they are toned down on the top end “not as brite” but still are to a point plus the a5’s have a much bettet mid range then the two bigger brothers of the RTi line. The thing is, the LSiM the RTi line are two different animals. Both have Excellent cabinet build but are totally Different speaker designs of the driver’s used, the XO and the Quality of the drivers.

Last edited:
Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Good to know Gmoney.
I never thought that they do that
Apologies

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers