Polk Audio Blackstone TL350 5.0 Satellite/Center System First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
With the new Polk Audio Blackstone TL350 5.0 Satellite/Center System, they've hit at least two of the three things we look for in small speakers. Aesthetically, they are small, glossy, and contemporary. Sonically, despite all the marketing speak, they seem to have the driver and enclosure technology behind them. While we'd prefer a larger, more full featured speaker, if you have to go small, making sure they aren't using 25 cent drivers is a huge plus. The only question mark in the equation is price. At a suggested retail of $750, the Blackstone TL350s may be a bit too rich for some. But with the Polk pedigree and driver history behind them not to mention the size and looks, Polk may be able to convince potential buyers that they are worth it. The only thing to do now is to go out and listen to them to make sure they live up to the hype.

Discuss "Polk Audio Blackstone TL350 5.0 Satellite/Center System First Look" here. Read the article.

K

kevon27

Annoying Poster
"Mildly interesting"? I bet if the Black Stone speakers were from RBH we would hear "MUST HAVE":D

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Kevon27 - for an "audioholic intern" those words are pretty observant. LOL

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Well it is a First Look. Actually, during the initial presser inviting various mags and some Polkies I know, these TL3s were quite impressive. Yeah, size matters, but it's an LSi sat set with a wireless DSWPro sub for ~ $1200. If sats were for me, I'd certainly take a long look.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis