D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
What else do you expect from them? Good thing they don't want death penalty or is that coming as well?
And, yes, these are Christians.
I've said before they would have to put it on the level of murder to charge people. Not a big fan of the attempt to block a resident from going to another state. Especially if they are paying for it themselves. Or the pill. I don't have a problem with reducing the period to make a decision on abortion, but some of it comes across to me like religious extremism and control. I think their aim is to reduce casual sex (and being responsible), but how that effects the minority of women who really need an abortion isn't moral either.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
What is the average price of a cup of coffee in a restaurant?

According to 2022 data, the average price for a cup of coffee in the United States is $4.90. This can vary depending on location and type of coffee shop, but it's safe to say that your daily caffeine fix can add up over time when it's nearly $5 a pop.Jan 22, 2024.

All I know a fav breakfast spot of mine, close to home, just raised their cup of coffee price $1.00 to $4.10. OF course you get free refills, but its not Hawaiian Kona or some other exotic coffee its darn Folgers.. There is NO grinding of whole beans its right out of those drip pouches you see in most restaurants and their commercial machines.
I pay $5.99 for 12oz of ground, $6.99 for a pound of beans. Last time I bought coffee was in 2014 in Prescott, AZ and that was bottomless. I's also where I found out about coffee from Sumatra and that's still my favorite. Charbucks isn't getting my money.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I pay $5.99 for 12oz of ground, $6.99 for a pound of beans. Last time I bought coffee was in 2014 in Prescott, AZ and that was bottomless. I's also where I found out about coffee from Sumatra and that's still my favorite. Charbucks isn't getting my money.
I'm not talking about buying beans or ground coffee at a coffee supplier, as I've been buying whole beans since the late 90's, I was addressing a cup of coffee price that seem to be on the rise at a restaurant. And Charbucks will never get my money.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
What is the average price of a cup of coffee in a restaurant?

According to 2022 data, the average price for a cup of coffee in the United States is $4.90. This can vary depending on location and type of coffee shop, but it's safe to say that your daily caffeine fix can add up over time when it's nearly $5 a pop.Jan 22, 2024.

All I know a fav breakfast spot of mine, close to home, just raised their cup of coffee price $1.00 to $4.10. OF course you get free refills, but its not Hawaiian Kona or some other exotic coffee its darn Folgers.. There is NO grinding of whole beans its right out of those drip pouches you see in most restaurants and their commercial machines.
admitted coffee junkie here so here's my take........

I buy my roasted beans from two sources, Coffee Bean Direct and Kitty Town Coffee. 2 and 2 1/2 lb bags have gone up 10% in the past year. No surprise there.......

Our 'coffee clutch' meets mon-wed-fri , alternating between two rest/diners, both serve Sumatra, one @ $2.50 the other $3.00, bottomless mugs.

Starbucks is a pathetic joke for those that know little about coffee, I'd buy at McDonalds any day over their over roasted, overpriced crap.

Chris, as for any restaurant raising their coffee prices 400% that's insane ! Granted the dollar a cup price flew out the window long ago.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
admitted coffee junkie here so here's my take........

I buy my roasted beans from two sources, Coffee Bean Direct and Kitty Town Coffee. 2 and 2 1/2 lb bags have gone up 10% in the past year. No surprise there.......

Our 'coffee clutch' meets mon-wed-fri , alternating between two rest/diners, both serve Sumatra, one @ $2.50 the other $3.00, bottomless mugs.

Starbucks is a pathetic joke for those that know little about coffee, I'd buy at McDonalds any day over their over roasted, overpriced crap.

Chris, as for any restaurant raising their coffee prices 400% that's insane ! Granted the dollar a cup price flew out the window long ago.
I get my coffee from a couple of rosters in GA ( CoffeeAM and Vocanica) and even from Mugysy in Tn ( Vets), my Kona comes from Hawaiian Queen or Hawaiian Coffee Co.. . I tried some Fla roasters but their tiny bags and or high prices and sparse selections and heck it even shipping took longer to get in state than from out of state. So I just stick to my norms.

And what's interesting, the couple of restaurants that I visit for breakfast, prices for that bottomless cup are up and also, the size of the cup went down, and the servers seem to not ask anymore, "do you want a refill" LOL. But the food is good and the water is still free, for now.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
And what's interesting, the couple of restaurants that I visit for breakfast, prices for that bottomless cup are up and also, the size of the cup went down, and the servers seem to not ask anymore, "do you want a refill" LOL. But the food is good and the water is still free, for now.
Man I had a good chuckle at 'the water is free', for Florida water is some of the worst tasting water in the country.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Man I had a good chuckle at 'the water is free', for Florida water is some of the worst tasting water in the country.
That's for sure. And for sure, the water at restaurants down here is not filtered in any way. At home we have a whole house filter system not to mention the fridge filter. At least that helps. And these days around this state, hard to trust the bottled water at a store that notes "Spring Water" LOL

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Folgers, Maxwell House and a to-go container. Coffee when your out eating somewhere, but otherwise I don't need it. Nor the expense.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Folgers, Maxwell House and a to-go container. Coffee when your out eating somewhere, but otherwise I don't need it. Nor the expense.
Your in Canada right, have you tired Fernwood Coffee and Phil & Sebastian our neighbor from up that way, likes these two roasters.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Your in Canada right, have you tired Fernwood Coffee and Phil & Sebastian our neighbor from up that way, likes these two roasters.
I imagine it's better than gas station coffee, but all I really need is store bought and creamer. I'd think the creamer covers up the taste.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
if the water is from central to North Fla, you are in pretty good stuff, south Fla, forget about it.
During my working days years back, CSX had the their yearly railroad convention @ World Golf Village, the worst tasting water ever. So bad that every room had any and all the bottled water you needed.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I imagine it's better than gas station coffee, but all I really need is store bought and creamer. I'd think the creamer covers up the taste.
young man, there's so much you don't know about coffee.........

perhaps we need to swing this over to the 'coffee discussion' thread instead !

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
young man, there's so much you don't know about coffee.........

perhaps we need to swing this over to the 'coffee discussion' thread instead !
I've bought whole coffee beans, and it didn't justify the extra cost with creamer for me. Caribou is like Starbucks. Good stuff, but it only might make sense to me if I drank it black. Folgers might be the best on the shelf, or is it MG? I can't remember. Grinding didn't justify to me since grounds are pretty freshly sealed. Or they add steroids to enhance the smell LOL.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis