highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Petroleum industry as I stated with my post has a whole lot of idle Wells, been like that for the last +20 year's or so. Of course there are mitigating factors, Pipelines coming from the Gulf can only handle so much. But mostly production platforms that have more than 20 wells that they pull oil and or natural gas from will have Wells sitting idle. Plus the plants off of HWY 225 in Pasadena, Texas and in Sulfur Louisiana can only handle so much production. There are more plants alone the Gulf States.

Gas price here at the pump as of Monday for 87 octane, $3.56 a gallon.
I saw part of a video of an offshore oil rig last night and it raised a question for me- in rough seas with a floating rig, how do they prevent damage to the pipe(s) from the floor? The rig was moving quite a bit and I was wondering if some kind of coupler is used or if the movement isn't enough to cause fatigue.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
How close is the nearest international border to you? Go to Canada or Mexico and try to get back in the country without going thru a border crossing.
When people cross legally, most fly or drive in- I suppose some take a train. I'm in the Milwaukee area, which is just about due South of Thunder Bay, Ontario- would need to drive North, then go through Duluth, MN and around the West end of Lake Superior, possibly drive through lower Michigan to cross into Toronto or take a boat to one of the places along the coast. I'm sure it would be possible to enter Canada illegally, but eventually, being caught would result in expulsion. Mexico is much more forceful and doesn't have a problem with sticking people in jail for relatively minor offenses. The US has had several cases of major violent crimes that were committed by A-holes who had been deported several times, but they kept coming back.

Exactly my point! THEY can enforce their border laws, but the US is seen as 'cruel and inhumane' by enforcing ours. Where are many illegals coming across the US border? Rio Grande River and between all of the official crossing points between El Paso and Southern Cal. SOME are apprehended, but not all- that would be impossible. The US border is a sieve and the administration IS NOT controlling it. Before Biden, roughly 45K/month were coming in- it could be argued that people didn't want to come here but the numbers reduced when the economy tanked, too. Still, so many pay coyotes to take them to the US and then, the coyotes come back to demand more money. If the immigrants are so poor, where do the thousands of dollars for their travel come from?

The larger question, for me, is "Why aren't their governments taking care of them well enough for them to want to stay?".

El Salvador seems to be taking the gang problem seriously, though- that's one major cause of exodus and they have been arresting gang members in large numbers.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I saw part of a video of an offshore oil rig last night and it raised a question for me- in rough seas with a floating rig, how do they prevent damage to the pipe(s) from the floor? The rig was moving quite a bit and I was wondering if some kind of coupler is used or if the movement isn't enough to cause fatigue.
Good point you made, those (submersibles) production platforms are anchored to the seafloor with giant cables. They do move, and even amazes me that they haven't had any more disasters like the BP. If something where to happen there are safety shutdown systems. The whole operation all the way to the downhole has to shut-in, in 2 minutes or less. The BP incident had a drilling rig on top. The blowout preventer failed, but it really came down to the PIC, person in charge and ultimate decision was his to shut the operation down and he didn't, not taking heed from the advice that was given to him from Transocean associates. But with that said, anyone could have walked up to a ESD station and pulled that end device that would have shut down the whole operation and saved 11 lives and billions of dollars and environmental damage wouldn't have happened. Drilling is the most dangerous part of the whole operation at the time on any offshore facility. They hit very high pressure, with the BOP failing shutting down the operation more than likely wouldn't have helped at the moment. Shutting down days before would have. The piece of sh$t company man wanted his big bonus by bringing the Well online. Halliburton employees told him many times the Well pressure was too high something wasn't right, company man kept ignoring their warnings. From what I was told by reliable sources Halliburton pulled the whole crew off the facility. That saved a whole lot of lives.

Guys that movie, Deep Water Horizon, it's a pretty accurate depiction of what happened on how things went down.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
When people cross legally, most fly or drive in- I suppose some take a train. I'm in the Milwaukee area, which is just about due South of Thunder Bay, Ontario- would need to drive North, then go through Duluth, MN and around the West end of Lake Superior, possibly drive through lower Michigan to cross into Toronto or take a boat to one of the places along the coast. I'm sure it would be possible to enter Canada illegally, but eventually, being caught would result in expulsion. Mexico is much more forceful and doesn't have a problem with sticking people in jail for relatively minor offenses. The US has had several cases of major violent crimes that were committed by A-holes who had been deported several times, but they kept coming back.

Exactly my point! THEY can enforce their border laws, but the US is seen as 'cruel and inhumane' by enforcing ours. Where are many illegals coming across the US border? Rio Grande River and between all of the official crossing points between El Paso and Southern Cal. SOME are apprehended, but not all- that would be impossible. The US border is a sieve and the administration IS NOT controlling it. Before Biden, roughly 45K/month were coming in- it could be argued that people didn't want to come here but the numbers reduced when the economy tanked, too. Still, so many pay coyotes to take them to the US and then, the coyotes come back to demand more money. If the immigrants are so poor, where do the thousands of dollars for their travel come from?

The larger question, for me, is "Why aren't their governments taking care of them well enough for them to want to stay?".
as to your last sentence/question......... 'why bother when we can hoist them over to the Americans' !

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Republican voter fraud at the highest levels.

>>>
Mark Meadows, a former chief of staff in the Trump White House, has been removed from the voter roll in North Carolina as the state investigates allegations that he committed voter fraud in the 2020 election.

On April 11, Macon County officials “administratively removed the voter registration of Mark Meadows … after documentation indicated he lived in Virginia and last voted in the 2021 election there,” North Carolina State Board of Elections spokesman Patrick Gannon said in a statement.

A representative for Meadows declined to comment Wednesday.

State investigators in North Carolina launched a probe into Meadows’s voter registration last month after news organizations reported he had registered to vote in 2020 using the address of a mobile home in Scaly Mountain, N.C. The former owner of the mobile home claimed Meadows never stayed there, prompting the state attorney general to request an investigation.
<<<

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I did not realize this in the article on MTG's loss. Politicians that favor defunding the police for common folk can protect themselves with campaign funds. How elite of them.

"Last year, it was mostly Democrats who took advantage of the Federal Election Commission’s post-insurrection ruling that elected officials can hire bodyguards with campaign funds. That year, Sens. Raphael Warnock, Jon Ossoff, and Mark Kelly shelled out hundreds of thousands of dollars for personal protection, while Greene for Congress reported protective expenses just north of $12,000, nearly half of it for an electronic security system. That’s less than 10 percent of what she paid the Kajor Group last quarter. "

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I did not realize this in the article on MTG's loss. Politicians that favor defunding the police for common folk can protect themselves with campaign funds. How elite of them.

"Last year, it was mostly Democrats who took advantage of the Federal Election Commission’s post-insurrection ruling that elected officials can hire bodyguards with campaign funds. That year, Sens. Raphael Warnock, Jon Ossoff, and Mark Kelly shelled out hundreds of thousands of dollars for personal protection, while Greene for Congress reported protective expenses just north of $12,000, nearly half of it for an electronic security system. That’s less than 10 percent of what she paid the Kajor Group last quarter. "
I think the broader point I'm trying to make is the 'type' of Republican she is.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I think the broader point I'm trying to make is the 'type' of Republican she is.
Got ya. I thought the point of the article was her fundraising loss. Yeah there are all types of people in politics. mostly sociopaths. How about the "type" of Democrat the members of the Squad are? They any more or less toxic to the country?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Got ya. I thought the point of the article was her fundraising loss. Yeah there are all types of people in politics. mostly sociopaths. How about the "type" of Democrat the members of the Squad are? They any more or less toxic to the country?
From directly above the paragraph you cite.....

For Greene, who prior to the 2020 election had received protection free of charge from members of the Oath Keepers anti-government militia group, this is an extraordinary surge in security costs.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
From directly above the paragraph you cite.....

For Greene, who prior to the 2020 election had received protection free of charge from members of the Oath Keepers anti-government militia group, this is an extraordinary surge in security costs.
And members of the Squad have repeated made Anti Semitic remarks. Do you apply different standards to them?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
And members of the Squad have repeated made Anti Semitic remarks. Do you apply different standards to them?
MTG is probably the last Republican you should be using as an example of unfair treatment. I'm sure there's plenty of Republican with better standards than her. That's the point. Like, Oh how bad I feel for you Marjorie. Uh no.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
MTG is probably the last Republican you should be using as an example of unfair treatment. I'm sure there's plenty of Republican with better standards than her. That's the point. Like, Oh how bad I feel for you Marjorie. Uh no.
There are plenty of examples of "low standard politicians" from both sides. I just pointed out more of them. The list is endless. Wouldn't it be great if the media treated them all with the contempt they deserve.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis