Polaroid Ends Production of Instant Film - End of an Era

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
After polarized film was first patented back in 1929, the Polaroid company opened its doors just a scant 8 years later. 11 years later, the first instant cameras hit the market in full force and continued in one form or another... until just last year. Now, Polaroid Corporation (a reformed version of the earlier company) announced to consumers and corporations everywhere that, due to marketplace conditions, it has discontinued almost all of its instant analogue hardware products.

Discuss "Polaroid Ends Production of Instant Film - End of an Era" here. Read the article.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
The technology has been antiquated for a considerable time period now - I don't think I've even seen a Polaroid camera since I was a kid. Hard to compete in the digital age. :)

Oh well, R.I.P. Polaroid...

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
I thought the only people who still used these were basement pormographers who didnt want to get film developed. :)

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I honestly didn't even know they were still making film for those cameras. We had an SX-70 back in the 70's, but I thought that stuff died in the early 90's. huh?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
My Dad showed me am old Polaroid camera he still has. It looks brand new and has a ton of extra "gadgets" with it. He said he got it the first year Polaroid came out. I wonder if there is any value in it? It's cool to have at any rate.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Interstingly, Tom Scholz founder and guit player for rock band Boston, worked for Polaroid as a senior product design engineer.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
WTF? So now my Polaroid SX70 Land Camera is just a paperweight?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis