rekh127

rekh127

Audioholic Intern
Has anyone used both Plex and Emby? How do they compare for you? Is the DVR/Live TV service on one or the other more reliable?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've used Plex since right after it came out. I tried Emby, but it was very similar. Similar enough that the fact that I was already heavily vested in Plex made converting not worth it at all.

Emby used to be the only one that truly integrated with Kodi, but Plex has the same integration now so that part is a tie.

IMHO if you've already got one, there isn't enough difference to put the effort into switching.

Live TV on Plex has been flawless for me.

rekh127

rekh127

Audioholic Intern
I've used Plex since right after it came out. I tried Emby, but it was very similar. Similar enough that the fact that I was already heavily vested in Plex made converting not worth it at all.

Emby used to be the only one that truly integrated with Kodi, but Plex has the same integration now so that part is a tie.

IMHO if you've already got one, there isn't enough difference to put the effort into switching.

Live TV on Plex has been flawless for me.
thanks for your input! I have had a plex pass for a long time. Been out of commission for a little while so thought about switching when I get things set up again and their DVR was really flaky when it first came out so glad to hear its been better now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis