Please suggest TV/HiFi stand brands available in EU/UK

K

KollyKibber

Enthusiast
As above, I am looking for one or more pieces of furniture for a 65" TV, plus power amp (30kg), AV processor, BD/CD player, Apple TV, Xbox, TT, Centre channel speaker.

I already have a 5 tier black Atacama Hifi stand, but I'm not in love with it and it is obviously too high and narrow for a TV and centre speaker.

I'd really just like some suggestions of brands to look at as I am unaware of any beyond Atacama and their range is limited.

I'd like something freestanding and low.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Salamander is a popular brand of such here, not available there? You can't or don't want to wall mount your tv?

K

KollyKibber

Enthusiast
Salamander is a popular brand of such here, not available there? You can't or don't want to wall mount your tv?
Both. Renting a flat so don't want to drill holes in walls. And I don't really want to mount a TV to a wall anyway.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Both. Renting a flat so don't want to drill holes in walls. And I don't really want to mount a TV to a wall anyway.
Yeah, I have one tv I've wall mounted as it works well there, but my other locations they're still on stands. In another room I've got a tv that sits at the right height (eyes in middle of screen), and used a rather tall rack to the side, but that room has enough width for the front wall of large tv/speakers/rack..

I'd think Ikea would have some good options.....

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would say the first thing you really want to do is determine what it is you want in a stand, then look locally, and ask at local furniture stores if they have anything really close to what you are looking for.

I would browse here, even if you can't get it delivered, you can figure out what will work with your specific equipment...

IMO, a proper TV stand for a surround sound system will have enough space for your center channel as well as the AV receiver without suffocating either piece of gear, then there will be additional space for other components. This typically means at least a 3-bay credenza style of some sort.

Something like the Solidsteel, as linked above, seems about as generic as it gets and similar to what you already own.

I do find that getting a cabinet with enough space for a larger center channel speaker while still having enough room for a TV on top and full sized AV components can be quite difficult to find as center channel speakers can often be wider than standard 19" wide AV equipment. This makes the stand kinda funky in design to work properly.

You could consider a separate TV mount behind a stand to float the TV above a center channel, or a stand which has a integrated TV mount.
ie: https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/fitueyes-corner-tv-stand-for-tvs-up-to-65-ftys1863.html

Certainly, Salamander is a pretty solid recommendation as they really do design cabinetry designed around AV as a solution and they offer the option to add a TV mount to most of their cabinets which can allow a center channel to sit on top. They are highly configurable, and work well with standard with AV components...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis