Please recommend somewhat portable used turntable

D

Deeds

Audioholic Intern
Please recommend a somewhat portable turntable if you have one you like.

I would prefer 3 speed and one that is quality enough that the needle would not damage the records.

Prefer used and more affordable model for bathroom or bedroom use (away from main setup).

Thanks in advance!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Please recommend a somewhat portable turntable if you have one you like.

I would prefer 3 speed and one that is quality enough that the needle would not damage the records.

Prefer used and more affordable model for bathroom or bedroom use (away from main setup).

Thanks in advance!
Not possible. Turntables are not meant to be portable, at least ones that don't eat records

D

Deeds

Audioholic Intern
Bummer

That is a bummer! I guess I'll have to just get a used Panasonic or something as a 2nd TT.

john72953

john72953

Full Audioholic
That is a bummer! I guess I'll have to just get a used Panasonic or something as a 2nd TT.
May as well....I wouldn't really consider those as TT's anyway! :p

Question though....why would you want a TT for the bathroom?:confused:

John

D

Deeds

Audioholic Intern
Tub time

May as well....I wouldn't really consider those as TT's anyway! :p

Question though....why would you want a TT for the bathroom?:confused:

John
I know it sounds weird - to relax I usually take a bath. I would love to throw on some albums and just chill in there. The 2nd turntable I found this weekend was a great deal but needs a new belt before I can determine if it works.

I just wanted something small without a needle that would mess up good records. Does anybody know of anything that I could use to play new albums (and not just old, beat up 45s)? The 2nd turntable that I found is just soooo big and not portable.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I know this isn't what you asked for, buy why don't you copy your records onto a format that is made to be portable? Then take that with you, and you will not be wearing out your records with a second-rate turntable.

D

Deeds

Audioholic Intern
Cd

I know this isn't what you asked for, buy why don't you copy your records onto a format that is made to be portable? Then take that with you, and you will not be wearing out your records with a second-rate turntable.
Most of them I can actually dig of on CD or MP3 I'm sure. I just really dig playing records.

john72953

john72953

Full Audioholic
Sorry Deeds, but the whole bathroom thing just cracks me up! I would love to help you, but please understand (it was mentioned earlier) there are no portable TT's. There are portable bathtubs however, maybe that's an alternative for you?:p

John

D

Deeds

Audioholic Intern
I can understand

Sorry Deeds, but the whole bathroom thing just cracks me up! I would love to help you, but please understand (it was mentioned earlier) there are no portable TT's. There are portable bathtubs however, maybe that's an alternative for you?:p

John
I can understand that for sure (it is odd).

It also has to do w/ the baby going to be and kind of using a setup in the bedroom (that doesn't take up too much space) w/ headphones.

I have speakers through the house (in the walls) but the TT is in the front room. Sometimes the little man is in there napping or playing and I don't want to wake him up. I guess I just need a 2nd TT.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I can understand that for sure (it is odd).

It also has to do w/ the baby going to be and kind of using a setup in the bedroom (that doesn't take up too much space) w/ headphones.

I have speakers through the house (in the walls) but the TT is in the front room. Sometimes the little man is in there napping or playing and I don't want to wake him up. I guess I just need a 2nd TT.
The heat and humidity of a bathroom will ruin you vinyl LPs.

Copy the LPs you want to play in the bathroom to CD or Mmp3 player or iPod then you will be fine, because those media are highly portable.

Why do you want a three speed turntable? A three speed turntable, will get you into vintage exotics, which go for a small fortune. I thought I was the only nut here still playing his 78 rpm collection!

This is one of the weirdest post we have had for a long time.

Last edited:
D

Deeds

Audioholic Intern
Panasonic SL-H301

The heat and humidity of a bathroom will ruin you vinyl LPs.

Copy the LPs you want to play in the bathroom to CD or Mmp3 player or iPod then you will be fine, because those media are highly portable.

Why do you want a three speed turntable. A three speed turntable, will get you into vintage exotics, which go for a small fortune. I thought I was the only nut here still playing his 78 rpm collection!

This is one of the weirdest post we have had for a long time.

I do have a specific few I guess I could copy to CD. If the humidity will ruin them - forget it.

I may just get my 2nd turntable a replacement belt and move it into my other room w/ a small setup. It's a Panasonic SL-H301 I got for $2.00 at a yard sale. The guy said it was never used - I just hope it works once I get the belt!

D

Deeds

Audioholic Intern
Audiotronic 300

Picked up an Audiotronic 300 at a yardsale this weekend with around 50 nice 45s for $20. Amazing deal.

This player is also the most fun I've had in a while. In the kitchen, it's fun to listen to 45s while cooking.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis