Please recommend L/C/R speakers

M

migratingCoconuts

Audiophyte
This is my first post, so take it easy on me. :) I'm currently moving and my new home's living room is not ideal for home theater. I need some assistance/recommendations for the speakers. My current setup uses 3 Def Tech UIW RCS II for L/C/R, but I won't be able to use them in the new house. I'm thinking my best options are bookshelf speakers for L/R and an on-wall/in-wall for the center channel. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
This is my first post, so take it easy on me. :) I'm currently moving and my new home's living room is not ideal for home theater. I need some assistance/recommendations for the speakers. My current setup uses 3 Def Tech UIW RCS II for L/C/R, but I won't be able to use them in the new house. I'm thinking my best options are bookshelf speakers for L/R and an on-wall/in-wall for the center channel. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks a lot.
Welcome!

The space is a bit cramped for three independent speakers, ever considered something like this?https://www.triadspeakers.com/products/soundbars/ow-micro-lcr-3-0/

M

migratingCoconuts

Audiophyte
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I don't know anything about soundbars. I've always just stayed clear of them as I thought they were no good. I'd be willing to spend 5K. Anything more seems unnecessary for what I need. Thanks again!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I don't know anything about soundbars. I've always just stayed clear of them as I thought they were no good. I'd be willing to spend 5K. Anything more seems unnecessary for what I need. Thanks again!
Soundbars by themselves are always a welcome addition over TV speakers. However, Triad takes it a bit further with this one!

You get 3 independent 'speakers' in one box which can be mounted like a center channel. It will eliminate the potential for bookshelf speakers turning your shelves into sound producing elements themselves. I think they also offer higher end version too....

Additionally, it appears you have a concrete slab floor? What flooring will you use? The room itself is very much a part of the 'Sound System' and you may want to give consideration to the number of hard surfaces in that space. While I love my Art Panels from GIK Acoustics, absorber panels are hardly a necessity in a living room with big pillows, padded carpets, thick drapes - you can even hide some absorption material in valences - hopefully you get the idea.

A

aqualung

Junior Audioholic
I have a similar situation. I used Polk Signature, and even though the room may not be the ideal setup, it sounds amazing. I did the S15s and S35 LCR, and S10 satellites. I have a klipsch 12” sub. It was under $1000 in speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
I'd check out Salk Veracity ST Monitors or the Supercharged Song Surrounds for bookshelves. The Veracity's would have better bass but cost $1300 more. It might be better to get a sub with that $1300 and use the Supercharged Song Surrounds. Those Raal tweeters are amazing! They are the best tweeters I've ever heard and are crystal clear. They are front ported so would work great in that shelf. And Salk can make any custom color or finish that you can imagine.

Then you could get a inwall center speaker. Try to put the speakers so they line up with the middle of the TV so it sounds like the sound is coming from screen when watching movies.

Get some Auralex Mopads for the LR speakers and angle them down towards your listening position. They will also decouple the speakers from the shelves so you don't get vibrations from the shelves and the bass will be tighter.

M

migratingCoconuts

Audiophyte
Thanks for all the suggestions. I just came across the M&K MP150. It's on-wall and angles down toward the listener. I'm gonna do some reading on it. Again, thanks for all the help.

charmerci

charmerci

Audioholic
I would go with Salk. You can talk with Jim and he will have designs that would work for you. For example, front-ported speakers appropriate for those cubby holes.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis