Please Recommend A Reliable Entry Level Blu-ray Player

K

kage

Enthusiast
I'm need to purchase a reliable entry level blu-ray player for under $100 that offers excellent blu-ray picture quality, good dvd upscaling, quiet blu-ray drive when playing dvds and blu-ray discs. I really don't need 3D playback and WiFi built-in. I don't care about any streaming services also because I have an Apple TV 2 that I use to stream movies from Netflix and stream music from my iPod Touch via airplay. I will be using my 46" Panasonic Plasma TV and Pioneer VSX-1120 receiver. I've been looking at the LG BD630, Samsung, Toshiba, and the Sony BDP-S185. Out of the 4 blu-ray players which one is the best?

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
i have a Sony and a Samsung, Sony is my favorite.

K

Kurgan

Enthusiast
I picked up a Panasonic DMP-BDT110P new on eBay for $90 shipped. I am like you, first bluray player. While this unit has 3D support, I was not specifically looking for it. Also, lack of wifi wasn't an issue as I have a hardline to my system, you will want to update the firmware at least once. Overall I found reviews for this newer series of players from Panasonic to put them above the competition. If you can't find reviews for this player check the next model up 210. It is the same but w/ wifi.

ebay seller was "wholesalejr" and shipped quickly out of Massapequa Park, NY.

good luck!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
All the major brands are reliable.

But things happen to the best of 'em. Anyone can get a lemon from any brand at any time.

I have a Pansonic DMP-BD85 out for warranty service/exchange and they are considered one of the better ones. It's been over a month so far.

One good thing about internet connectivity: Updates, and they do happen, are easy to apply if connected.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis