H

Hawk1038

Audiophyte
I am having some serious display issues and have been unable to get any help thus far. Onkyo TX-SR875 receiver connected via monitor out HDMI to a Panasonic TH-42PZ8OU plasma tv. The issue is: The screen started displaying a red/pink tint in areas of the screen several months ago and has progressed to the point where it now happens most of the time. However, will go for several days or even two weeks without doing it on occasion. The red/pink areas are squares and change in size and volume and look like large pixelation to the point it looks like red snow. When the screen is all black, there is an obvious smooth reddish tint to the display. The sound from the receiver is fine and does not appear to be any type of interference and happens on all inputs (ps3, i-pod dock, satellite). Is this my TV or the video processor in the receiver? The manufactures warranty is out on the TV and a few months left on the receiver. Both manufactures want me to send them to a service center. Any advice help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Take one of your sources (ps3, i-pod dock, satellite) and plug it directly into the TV to test it. If the TV still shows the issue then it is the TV. If not then the receiver.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
You could also try another HDMI cable from receiver to TV, to make sure it isn't that as well. Could save you some headache driving or shipping your units to repair centers.

H

Hawk1038

Audiophyte
After some troubleshooting, it is now clearly the video processor in the receiver. I am going to ship it to service center for warranty repair. After a phone call, the service center advised they had several receivers in line for exactly the same issues. Thanks for your help.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
That's good news. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to come back from repair.

B

BadIntensions

Audiophyte
Seriuosly, replace the HDMI cable before anything else. Saved me lots o $$$

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis