Please help with suggesting the better home theater speakers.

S

Solo100

Audiophyte
Hello guys,
What are you looking for (Speakers, Subwoofer or Both)?
For
Speakers I need suggestion between 2 speaker brands - 1) M&k speakers - IW - 150 , IW - 950 surrounds, I C -95 atoms - 11.2 channel.

2) B&W CWM 7.3 S2 , B&W CWM 7.5 S2 , B&W CCM 664 - 7.2.4 channel

Primary Use: 10% Music, 50% TV & Movies, 40% sports

Desired Configuration: 11.2 or 7.2.4

Room Size:
30*14

Is the room open to other areas of your home: No

Do you already have an AV receiver or amplifier? No but thinking of choosing denon for M&k and Anthem for B&W

PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Thank you

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Why specifically bower or m&k? And how much is your budget? Sorry to lazy to research right now.

S

Solo100

Audiophyte
Hi my budget is 30000-35000 dollars. My home theater guy suggested me these 2 brands. I don’t mind looking for other brands as well.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Were you able to listen to these two in walls yourself? The chance that someone here has heard those In-Walls is small. The B&W speakers will be easier to drive since they're 8ohm vs. 4ohm M&K. It also looks like the B&W frequency response goes lower.
Whatever speakers you choose make sure they have engineered Back Boxes

I also recommend

Last edited:
M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
I would suggest 3 things.

First do youresearch. If you do not understand, than people here will surely help you.

Second, I wouldn’t take the advice of a person selling the product to you. Especially if you cannot follow up with research or truly understand why you agree with the suggestions.

Lastly, if and so you are going to choose that route. Shop around and see what people say.

I realize that money isn’t a huge factor for you based on your budget. But I would suggest holding off until Black Friday and getting something even better and put a couple thousand in your pocket to invest in furthering your home theater.

You could easily make 35,000 to 45,000 and put 8-10,000 more into your system.

I will take look here and see what I can provide you in a future reply on suggestions.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Hello guys,
What are you looking for (Speakers, Subwoofer or Both)?
For
Speakers I need suggestion between 2 speaker brands - 1) M&k speakers - IW - 150 , IW - 950 surrounds, I C -95 atoms - 11.2 channel.

2) B&W CWM 7.3 S2 , B&W CWM 7.5 S2 , B&W CCM 664 - 7.2.4 channel

Primary Use: 10% Music, 50% TV & Movies, 40% sports

Desired Configuration: 11.2 or 7.2.4

Room Size:
30*14

Is the room open to other areas of your home: No

Do you already have an AV receiver or amplifier? No but thinking of choosing denon for M&k and Anthem for B&W

PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Thank you
I have the B&W CWM 7.3's in my theater and can tell you first hand they are amazing. I'm using an Outlaw 5000 to power them. Giving them about 200w/per speaker. They are 4ohm. The S2's have changed to 8ohm, but I would suggest still using an amp to power them. I can't speak about the M&K brand, but will say if you do go with the B&W in-wall's you won't be disappointed.

Also, Anthem will be dropping their new product line next month I believe. So if you're not in a huge hurry and really want Anthem, you should wait to see what they have.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Probably your only other good option, and definitely check out Triad, that mazer suggested is Paradigm CI Elite E7.

At least with in wall it really narrows down your options, maybe one of these gentlemen can provide their opinions on paradigm.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Triad is definitely the way to go. See if your installer carries Triad. If he doesn't, let me know and I can find you a local dealer.

S

Solo100

Audiophyte
Hello everyone,
Thanks a lot for all your replies. As MacCali suggested, I have decided to do a bit more research into speakers and find out if I am taking the right decision. I have started researching more about the triad speakers and they are looking promising as well.

The only thing tough about making a decision is that I have no means to test this speakers with my own ears. I also don’t have any friends that use these brands. So, at least your replies gave me confidence about making a decision between B&W (thanks to MOVIE2099) and triads speakers.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Hello everyone,
Thanks a lot for all your replies. As MacCali suggested, I have decided to do a bit more research into speakers and find out if I am taking the right decision. I have started researching more about the triad speakers and they are looking promising as well.

The only thing tough about making a decision is that I have no means to test this speakers with my own ears. I also don’t have any friends that use these brands. So, at least your replies gave me confidence about making a decision between B&W (thanks to MOVIE2099) and triads speakers.
Check this video out. This dude is spending well over $130k for his HT room. He's using the B&W CWM 7.3's. Doesn't really help in the sound part, but tells you people do like those speakers. I will also say that in my Best Buy Magnolias, their $200K demo theaters are all B&W and they both use the CWM 7.3's in them for sides and surround. They use the Diamond in-walls for LCR. Those are $15k/speaker.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Very nice, yea you can always shop around, unless it is absolute must to do in wall try regular. Only because now you really limit your options which could be a good thing.

But I don’t doubt those Paradigm’s I suggested aren’t killer as well. You need to go and demo whatever you’re going to buy and realize what equipment they are using to power the speakers.

Dodge the speaker wires and all that BS, regular speaker cables work just fine. Don’t get too sucked into anything that is merely going to rip you off. Quality speakers are crucial as well as what is powering and controlling.

Feel free to post new threads with your questions.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis