Please help with an outdoor projector and screen.

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
Yesterday at 12:37 PM
I am having a hard time, determining if/what outdoor projector(and a screen)can be paired with the Sonance MAG 4.1 outdoor STREAMING music system.(with included 250 Watt-2 channel amp/receiver)
I’ve been kicking myself for not considwrong this future, possible, add on option, before this purchase was made. So, please, if there’s any suggestions, or even someone, that has done this already, let me know. I would be very thankful and appreciate of of any help or suggestions, that can be offered on this.
Thank you in advance everyone. Joe B.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
All can be used with it. In reality, the Sonance system is designed, it appears, to be used with outdoor displays which feature ARC (audio return channel) which basically no projector on the planet supports. So, you will need to send audio to the Sonance system using analog audio connections, which it appears to support, or perhaps use a HDMI splitter and connect that to the Sonance. Not sure at all what the point of the Sonance is with their design.

While the Epson 1060 is a popular outdoor model, mostly because it is 1080p and the price of the refurb is very good, it does NOT handle your audio at all.

You will need to either split the HDMI, or use a HDMI audio extractor, to get analog audio from your source to the Sonance gear.

Keeping in mind that absolutely none of the projector equipment can remain outside permanently as well.

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
Thank you!
I was finally able to find out/figure, that, any projector that I did end up purchasing, needed component audio out to the Sonance amp.
Boy, do I feel stupid.
AND , an EXTRA BIG, THANK YOU, for the projector suggestion, and its details!
Also, I cannot tell a lie, I did not actually buy the Sonance 4.1 mag streaming music system for myself. But, I researched outdoor music systems that included a subwoofer, for a Cousin of mine, that I am very close with.
And He purchased it on my suggestion.
Only later, about 3 days after it was purchased, did my Cousin, ask me about adding an outdoor projector&screen-to the Sonance system that he just purchased. So, I am really feeling responsible, for not looking into that Possibility also, before I suggested the Sonance 4.1 MAG system to my Cousin.
I should’ve known better.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would be somewhat hesitant to limit my options to projectors which feature an 'audio output' on them.

HDMI audio extractors are 20 bucks on eBay and will give you analog audio output from any HDMI source, assuming a 1080p projector and no need for 4K video outdoors. So, you may be able to get a projector that is a lot cheaper, but doesn't have analog audio out, then just throw the audio extractor inline with things and call it a day.

Likewise with using a basic HDMI 1x2 splitter since the Sonance has a HDMI input on it for some reason.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis