Please help which cable company to go with

F

firefighterchri

Audioholic Intern
I know this probably has been asked many, many times but, which company would you recommend to go with for video and also audio cable? Right now I have basically all Monster cable along with the power bars. I have 1 HDMI-X cable from audioquest that I just bought yesterday. I was thinking of upgrading that one to the HDMI-1 and go with all Audioquest stuff but I started thinking maybe there is some better stuff cheaper out there. I know alot of people talk about Bluejeancables, Bettercables, Avic, and others being excellent cables and cheap for the most part. Most of those cables look cheap to me. Now I know it's not about the looks but how can I get past that part and try them out. I am willing to sell all my Monster stuff for better cables but which one. Any suggestions?:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
firefighterchri said:
I know this probably has been asked many, many times but, which company would you recommend to go with for video and also audio cable? Right now I have basically all Monster cable along with the power bars. I have 1 HDMI-X cable from audioquest that I just bought yesterday. I was thinking of upgrading that one to the HDMI-1 and go with all Audioquest stuff but I started thinking maybe there is some better stuff cheaper out there. I know alot of people talk about Bluejeancables, Bettercables, Avic, and others being excellent cables and cheap for the most part. Most of those cables look cheap to me. Now I know it's not about the looks but how can I get past that part and try them out. I am willing to sell all my Monster stuff for better cables but which one. Any suggestions?:D

Well, since you have Monster cables now, use all that you can use. Anything new, stay away from audioquest and new monsters, expensive stuff.

If you need speaker cables, a few places are Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Target, Radio Shack, and the ones advertised here. Compare cost per ft by the gauge. Not much else matters. What kind of video cables and lengths? HDMI with its huge bandwidth, length matters. Some use larger gauge wire in them like Blue Jeans, 25ga. others use 28ga and one uses 22ga that is much more expensive and may not be needed, depending on distance.

F

firefighterchri

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for the info, I think I am going to try some bluejean cables. Either the LV61S or the 1694A. One has the Belden cable and the other has the canare cable.

F

firefighterchri

Audioholic Intern
Well I just got done ordering the cables from bluejean cables. I ordered the 1694A, and HDMI to DVI cable, and a DVI to DVI cable. Hopefully they will be better or the same as my Monster stuff. I have stopped dumping money to that company. The only time I may buy something now is off ebay and may use it to compare cables.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
firefighterchri said:
Well I just got done ordering the cables from bluejean cables. I ordered the 1694A, and HDMI to DVI cable, and a DVI to DVI cable. Hopefully they will be better or the same as my Monster stuff. I have stopped dumping money to that company. The only time I may buy something now is off ebay and may use it to compare cables.

If you already have that cable from Monster, you should use it. If not, then, forget this:D

H

HTnewbie

Junior Audioholic
BlueJeans for sure

I recently completed a HT installation and used BlueJeans for all of the interconnects (I made my own StarQaud speaker cables). The quality of the construction is first rate, the folks there are very cooperative and the box appeared at the door step sooner than they said it would.

While the studs were exposed I had a long conversation and exchanged several emails with the company discussing various technical matters. With not guarantee of a sale, they still walked me through a thought process that brought me back when it was time to buy.

I recommend them without reservation!

Tom

T

Toka

Enthusiast
Glad you liked BJC...I've found my experiences with them mirror yours (that is, great customer service to someone who wasn't yet a customer). The only other 'fancy' cables that I would ever consider in their place are Avic and Cobalt, but I don't think any SQ difference would be appreciable, much less worth the loot.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
You guys should also check out www.monoprice.com for HDMI, speaker, and component cables. I'm not sure how the price compares to BJ, but it's a very popular brand in the HT market.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis