PLEASE HELP (new hk dpr 2005 causing buzz)

C

crisarn

Audiophyte
I just set up a referbished hk dpr 2005 and i am getting a buzz (more of a static white noise sound) from only one of my speakers/ channels. I have tried different speakers and cables for the channel, it's a suround sound channel, and I get the same loud buzz every time. Volume has no effect on the buzz, and it is noticeable from the time i turn it on, it start's off at a lower volume but quickly rises. I have unpluged all other equiptment on the surge protecter to see if there was a gorund loop but could not find one. All other channels work fine it is just the left surround sound has the problem. If i set the reciever for 2 channels, turn off the surround sound the buzz disapears. I am not sure what to do, i read the ground loop information but could not find the problem by unpluging, changing inputs etc. Could it be a problem with the speaker terminal? should i send it out to get fixed or replaced by hk? Any help would be greatly apreciated.

here is what is in my entertainment system, all of it.

hk dpr 2005 Reciever
philips dvp 624 - DVD
tivo series 2 80 hr - DVR
scientific atlanta explorer 2100 - cable box
lynksys cable modem
dlink di 624 - wireless router
philips/magnavox TV
2 pioneer loud speakers - front
2 pioneer surround speakers -rear

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Was it from Harman Audio? If so, call them on Monday and tell them of your problem. I'm sure they'll swap it out for another unit. It sounds like they didn't get all the bugs out yet.

C

crisarn

Audiophyte
Yeah that's what i was thinking of doing. After reading all the posts about the dpr2005 and the avr635 I'm thinking i should have gotten the 635. Oh well, hope i'm happy once the issue is resolved.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis