Please help me choose - LS50 Meta LRC or Q900/600C LRC given my room/equipment/needs, or different Front End equipment

R

RodzR

Audiophyte
Hello everyone.

I posted this at another forum but posting it here as well in hopes of getting more visibility. Thanks in advanced!

Long time reader, first post. Hoping to get some help with equipment selection for my room-over-the-garage. Room is used for about 40/60 HT/Music. Room size: 15’W x 16’L, with varying height (8.5’ to 5’).

I own a Yamaha RX-A3070
I own an SVS SB12-NSD and a BIC F12, but I have a pair of Rythmik L12 subs coming to replace those.

I have access to the following:
a pair of LS50 Meta and an LS50c Meta Center Channel (LRC)
a pair of Q900 and a Q600C (LRC)
a pair of Q150 and a pair of Q100 (most likely for surround and surround back)

Now, I keep reading that the LS50s are power hungry, and that the Q series are much easier to drive. I don’t know if my RX-3070 has enough juice to get the best out of the LS50 combo. So, my first questions are:

1. Can my RX-3070 drive the three LS50s well or do I need to add additional equipment (if so then what?)?

2. Would I be better off with the Q900/600C combo and just the RX-3070? Or, would these be better driven with additional equipment as well?

3. If the RX-3070 is enough to drive either the LS50 or Q series combo, which speakers would better fit my needs and room size.

Please help me choose. Thanks in advanced for your help!

RodzR

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis