Please Help Me Choose between these two Speakers !

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
Hi Guys,

I need some help buying a good Speakers. I will mention you my requirement so it would be much easier for you guys to suggest something. I am looking out for these speakers to be used along with my iPad, iPhone and Macbook Pro (Music, Even to watch movies yes even I would use these same speakers for both the Music and Movies even though I know these kind of speakers are not meant for movie watching, but I don't think I can spend separately for both and especially when I am gonna keep and use these speakers in my Bedroom).

About what I am looking out for in speakers.

I am in to listening a lot of EDM, Techno, BASS heavy music, so the speaker that I go for should have heavy very powerful BASS, But having said that since I am gonna use these speakers also for watching movies etc...The Bass should not overpower or overshadow the other mid, low sounds of the audio sample being played off.

So having a balance of sound i,e Proper Balance of BASS, Mid, Low is also equally important. Rather then just having a BASS feeling something pounding your head with a Hammer. But EDM music only sounds better in BASS powerful speakers so...I am kind of in a fix.

I have shortlisted 2 speakers if any of you sound technicians here, speaker experts can help me choose between these.

1. Bower & Wilkins Zeppelin Air the name speaks for itself One of the most premium and trusted brands in the audio speakers industry My listening experience had moderate amount of BASS (I mean good enough didn't sound like a boombox) but pretty good along with proper balance of sound like mid's and lows

2. Klipsch KMC 3- Wow what a huge sound these small piece of thing can produce, the BASS produce by these tiny looking speakers is Huge, it is magnanimous, It is thundering !! Though I liked it for the bass, I don't know if it would be a good choice against the Zeppelin Air especially when I am gonna use it for movies aswell. EDM tracks is fine but what if I wanna use it otherwise then having just BASS will not help na guys ?

Any suggestions people ? Can you help me decide between these people ?

Thanks in Advance !

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If you think that goofy Klipsch thing has bass, you should hear what a real subwoofer can do. I would save up for something serious, because neither of those setups will do justice to good music. I am not trying to sound snobby either, and you don't need to spend thousands to get a good sound system, but both of those are awful. Take the money, but a couple good bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer, it would be soooo much better.

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
I know but still would prefer only between the two that I have mentioned :)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
1. Bower & Wilkins Zeppelin Air the name speaks for itself One of the most premium and trusted brands in the audio speakers industry My listening experience had moderate amount of BASS (I mean good enough didn't sound like a boombox) but pretty good along with proper balance of sound like mid's and lows

2. Klipsch KMC 3- Wow what a huge sound these small piece of thing can produce, the BASS produce by these tiny looking speakers is Huge, it is magnanimous, It is thundering !! Though I liked it for the bass, I don't know if it would be a good choice against the Zeppelin Air especially when I am gonna use it for movies aswell. EDM tracks is fine but what if I wanna use it otherwise then having just BASS will not help na guys ?

Any suggestions people ? Can you help me decide between these people ?
You are the one who auditioned them - so, you make the choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
If you prefer your music with more of the high's, go with Klipsch. For a more neutral, laid back sound go with the B&W's. Good luck whatever you choose and enjoy.

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
If you prefer your music with more of the high's, go with Klipsch.
When you say High's does it mean getting loud ? Sorry I might just sound novice !

For a more neutral, laid back sound go with the B&W's. Good luck whatever you choose and enjoy.
Can you explain me in normal layman language ? What do you mean by laid back sound ? So will the Zeppelin Air have BASS less than the Klipsch KMC-3

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
By high's I mean the tweeter section of the speaker is more detailed/bright/sharp sounding.

To me a laid back sound is something that I equate with some British speaker brands such as Wharfdale, current Epos Epic series & B&W, where neither the bass or tweeter is emphasized. This is not a hard and fast rule, just a personal observation from demoing these speakers at local audio shops. I'm assuming from your post that you heard both. Choose the one you prefer and add a subwoofer for your craving for "BASS", as you indicated.

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
By high's I mean the tweeter section of the speaker is more detailed/bright/sharp sounding.

To me a laid back sound is something that I equate with some British speaker brands such as Wharfdale, current Epos Epic series & B&W, where neither the bass or tweeter is emphasized. This is not a hard and fast rule, just a personal observation from demoing these speakers at local audio shops. I'm assuming from your post that you heard both. Choose the one you prefer and add a subwoofer for your craving for "BASS", as you indicated.
Well I am getting confused even after listening to both of them because with Klipsch I felt that BASS was definitely more how much more I don't know maybe marginal more then the Zeppelin Air. But I am gonna also use the same set of speakers also to watch movies from my Macbook so in that case, Having Bass is welcomed but the other sounds should also be good enough (Not that Klipsch does not have it) But the Bass in Klipsch is thundering !

Even after having a demo of both I cant seem to be able to decide ? what do I do ?

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Well I am getting confused even after listening to both of them because with Klipsch I felt that BASS was definitely more how much more I don't know maybe marginal more then the Zeppelin Air. But I am gonna also use the same set of speakers also to watch movies from my Macbook so in that case, Having Bass is welcomed but the other sounds should also be good enough (Not that Klipsch does not have it) But the Bass in Klipsch is thundering !

Even after having a demo of both I cant seem to be able to decide ? what do I do ?
How to Become a Monk: 6 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
:D OK, let's assume you're still torn which speaker to choose. At this point you have to consider how the room acoustics they're going in at your house will impact the sound. Will the store you demoed them at let you take them home ... 1 pair at a time ... for testing purposes? Ask/beg :) the sales rep if that's possible, with the promise, that you will purchase one or the other model. I'm a bit uncomfortable recommending either model since I haven't heard either one specifically. I've heard different models from both brands and was just making personal generalizations.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Simple, Buy them both and play them both in your room and return the one that does not meet your expectations...

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
Simple, Buy them both and play them both in your room and return the one that does not meet your expectations...
I am not in the United States and in our country there is no concept of 14 day return policy once you buy a product you cannot return it. No matter what ! Period ! You can throw it away if you don't want but there is no return concept !

And that is the reason I have to take just one shot ! And I have to hit bull's eye !

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I am not in the United States and in our country there is no concept of 14 day return policy once you buy a product you cannot return it. No matter what ! Period ! You can throw it away if you don't want but there is no return concept !

And that is the reason I have to take just one shot ! And I have to hit bull's eye !
With limiting yourself with only these two option you are guaranteed to miss with ether of them.
NO CHANCE in hell to get the BASS you crave for. Both will have terrible bass due to PHYSICS of air movement. Tiny 2"-3" woofers are not capable to produce BASS at levels you ask.

Also there would be quite high chance of damaging ether of them if you run them very loud for long periods of time

A

augustya

Junior Audioholic
With limiting yourself with only these two option you are guaranteed to miss with ether of them.
NO CHANCE in hell to get the BASS you crave for. Both will have terrible bass due to PHYSICS of air movement. Tiny 2"-3" woofers are not capable to produce BASS at levels you ask.

Also there would be quite high chance of damaging ether of them if you run them very loud for long periods of time
I am ok with the BASS that they produce I have heard both of them, it is just that I want help choose only one between these two !

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I am ok with the BASS that they produce I have heard both of them, it is just that I want help choose only one between these two !
Since it seems that you can not make a decision, then flip a coin.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Go with the B&W and add a subwoofer.

Sent from my D7020 using Tapatalk

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You've heard them both. You can't really expect us to get inside your head and tell you which one you like better. That's a road that only you can travel.

I envy you if this is the most difficult decision you've ever been faced with.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis